13 - Mistakes

After we ate lunch, everyone just went to their rooms and so did Changbin and I. As we entered, I looked around and was astonished by the sheer size of the room. His bedroom is probably twice the size of my main room, and I was very much jealous about that. My eyes got big, and he took my backpack from me to place it next to his closet. The room overall has a dark aesthetic, but it all looked very clean and fitting. I then walked to his working spot and looked at his PC parts through the glass panel on its side.

"It's not the best but good enough for producing," he said as he walked up next to me. One of my eyebrows lifted as I turned to him.

"Not the best? Mine is way worse than yours!", I whined but laughed it off with him joining in.

I sat down on his bed, and he sat down next to me. Guiltiness suddenly took over me and I started to scratch the inside of my hand again, while looking at the floor. Heavy and uneven breaths took over my calm heartbeat and he suddenly noticed my change in behavior. Without a word he separated my hands and took the one that's closer to him into his hand. I couldn't help but lean on to his shoulder for more support as I just felt like falling.

If this will ever erupt into a scandal, I don't know what to do, especially for the boys. Don't get me wrong, I love my job as a streamer, but for Stray Kids there is so much more behind it if they get into a dating scandal. 3racha and all their unreleased tracks and demos will never get to see the sunlight. My heart hurts just having to think about all the dreadful things that can come out of this situation.

Knock knock

As soon as I heard a noise from outside the room I sat back up and removed my hand from his, leaving him confused next to me. Then he turned towards the door and called the person in. It was Chan. He popped his head in and asked if Changbin could talk to him outside. Chan's head then got out again and Changbin looked at me before going into Chan's room to talk to him.

This might sound dumb, but now was my time to leave. It's the only way I won't get the guys into trouble so either now or never. I quickly but quietly grabbed my bag and opened the door of his room. I looked both left and right to see if the air was clear and set foot towards the main door of the dorm. Without second thought or looking back I ran outside, trying to close the door as silent as possible, before running down the stairs. I felt like an agent escaping a scene.

No one seemed to notice so for the rest of the floors I took the elevator. I wasn't in the clear yet though, so I put on a jacket, a mask and tied my hair into a messy bun to at least don't look like the time I left. What now? Run as far as possible and then continue to walk until nighttime arrives. At least that was my plan.

I took some buses and just adventured around Seoul, something I had on my mind for as long as I've been living here, when suddenly my phone rang. The screen showed me the caller and I shut my phone down on an instant when I read his name. Ignoring him is the best I could do, at least everything I'm doing right now is for him and the others. I left at the next stop and left the bus, just sitting at the bus stop bench.

All of this Is just stupid.

Slowly but surely I started to rethink my past decisions and only felt tears streaming down my face. Why did I just run away like a stupid little toddler instead of telling him the truth. The truth about everything. I start to feel dizzy again and decided to move to a less crowded area for my own comfort due to the crying. The more people that see me cry, the less comfortable I am. Earlier as I shut my phone down I also set it into vibrate mode, so at least I could still feel if I got notifications. After a few minutes of walking I found myself in a very empty park and decided to sit down on a bench.

Changbin

Hey, where are you?

Where did you go Y/N?

Please tell me. I'm worried.

If you don't tell me I'll track your fucking phone.

Stop messing with me and pick up!

Chan and LeeKnow Hyung are also worried, please come back.

Every single message hurt more than the previous one. That was until I got one from an unknown number.

Unknown User

I can see you. Where is LeeKnow?

If you don't tell me you won't be leaving so easily.

I looked around myself in panic. Is that the number of the weird girl from earlier and if yes, where did she get my number from? As I didn't see a single person around me, I got scared and stood up, to find a more crowded place. My legs moved faster than they usually would but not to my advantage. I was scared to death and quickly decided to call back Changbin, but he didn't pick up until I suddenly felt a strong impact on my head and only heard a loud metal sound before everything around me went black.

~POV Change to Changbin~

I was freaking out, why is my room empty? I was screaming her name through the dorm, no response. I asked the members if they saw her leave, no one did. She wasn't her anymore. The only thing I could do was quickly call her, as she could be anywhere right now. She didn't answer nor respond to my texts and heart felt like exploding. Running around the dorm, cursing and cracking my knuckles sadly didn't help either. Felix and Jeongin tried their best to comfort me and calm me down, but I was too worried to even notice them most of the time. Until my phone rang. Y/N!

"Y/N! Where ar-"

CLANG

"Hello? Y/N? Answer me!", I screamed as I heard a loud metal sound coming from her side, but nothing. Only silence. The others heard it as well and looked at me with big eyes, hoping I could tell them nothing bad happened. But I couldn't, I didn't know either.

Chan decided to inform the police and the manager that was here earlier. He quickly set up a few vans full of people to look for her, but I couldn't just wait and hope for them to find her. I have to look for her myself. I've not been able to ride my motorcycle for a long time, but now was it's time. Chan told me not to and I usually listen to him, but not when it comes to her safety. I must look for her.

I grabbed my leather jacket and my helmet before rushing to my bike and drifting off. Our manager quickly made a map on where she could be according to the time she left and the time she called. I didn't know where she would be, all I could assume is that she wasn't too far away and so I drove. Blood rushing through my head as scenarios drifted into my head of her and what could have happened the few seconds I heard through the phone.

I was looking and searching but nothing caught my eye. At this point I've been on the road for more than 30 minutes and my tank slowly lost all that it had inside. To let it cool down a bit I pushed my cycle aside and decided to walk a bit further, hoping to find her as soon as possible. As I proceeded to walk further than I originally planned to I called Felix for support. The others all stayed at hope keeping contact to the van drivers to make sure no one goes to a place where there was already someone. We didn't talk much, but I knew he was there and that helped me to not lose my focus. Which as really good, as I swiftly saw a figure in my peripheral vision. I turned towards the red and blue thing on the floor and noticed someone laying there. It didn't take me too long to figure out who it was.

"Y/N! Y/N! WAKE UP! FELIX SEND SOMEONE WITH AN AMBULANCE TO ME, NOW!", I screamed as I ran towards her. The phone fell on the floor on my way to her, that's where I noticed her blue jacket. It was red because her head was bleeding. I tried to wake her up, but nothing happened. She was pretty cold already. I tried the best I could in covering up her wound and getting her warm, but before I could do something that really helps her I heard the sirens of an ambulance come closer. I shouted for help and a bunch of people ran towards me, dragging her out of my arms.

Where are they taking her...?