Prologue: Cursed

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

trauma: a person's emotional response to a distressing or disturbing event.

★・・・・・・★

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN a very busy world for Kawa Ejiri.

But somewhere in the city of Musutafu, that same young girl sat at her study desk, fiddling with the laptop keys as she read through her online work.

Similar questions would always come to her mind. How did she end up here? Did she do something wrong?

What did she do to deserve this trauma?

Recollecting her thoughts, the girl sighed heavily as foggy memories flooded her senses. She couldn't remember a lot of things from her childhood, but the memories she did retain were kept locked away in a safe box within her mind.

As far as she could tell, those were the only memories she needed.

★★★

"Mommy!" A small girl with light-purple hair exclaimed loudly, arms in the air as she ran across the living room toward an extremely annoyed woman. "It's time!"

"Now?" The woman, who was presumably her mother, frowned with a hint of distaste. "We still have another five minutes, Kawa."

"Wanna watch the same time as Ocha!" she pushed.

"..Fine," her mother sighed. "I'll get the radio."

The girl beamed, jumping onto the couch nearby with an excited bounce. In the kitchen, her father peaked over with a dull frown.

The two parents were certainly.. interesting. Her mother was creepy, only caring to an extent for her child. Meanwhile, her father couldn't care less, but hated her as if her existence bothered his own.

"Calm your daughter down," her father growled, opening the fridge to take some ingredients for dinner. "I'm trying to concentrate."

Kawa's mother held a hand up, quietly shushing her daughter as the radio tuned into a certain show.

"Hey, hey, hey!"

Kawa grinned, hearing Present Mic's young voice on the radio. "You're tuning into my weekly radio show! Today happens to be our one-year anniversary..!"