09: Neutrality

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

despondency: a state of low spirits caused by loss of hope or courage.

★・・・・・・★

THE MORNING SUN BEAT DOWN on Kawa's face, making her regret her decision on her gray sleeves.

"A quirk assessment test..!?"

Kawa let out an involuntary wince at the collective reaction of the students, instinctively bringing one of her hands up to her ear. Kaminari stood beside her, noticing her expression and shooting her a concerned one.

"B-But sir..!" Ochaco spoke up from the front of the crowd, one of her fingers held up as she spoke. "—Orientation! We're gonna miss it..!"

Shota slouched slightly, looking unbothered at the brunette's outburst. "If you really want to make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies.."

Kawa's adoptive parent turned to look at the class, causing a shiver to run down their backs at their teacher's intense stare.

"Here at UA, we're not tethered to traditions," Shota clarified, digging into his pocket to pull something out. "That means I get to run my class however I see fit."

He pulled out a device, in which he briefly scrolled through before letting out a tired sigh.

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives—" Shota yawned mid-sentence. "..you've never gotten to use your quirks in physical exams before."

Almost as if it were directed mainly at her, Kawa glanced down to her hands, opening a fist and closing a fist repetitively in pure concentration.

Her quirk was never any good for physical assessments.

"Bakugo—" Shota suddenly turned toward an ash-blond student, who perked up at his own name. "You managed to get the most points on the entrance exam.."

"What was your farthest distance throw with the softball when you were in junior high?"

The student, or Bakugo as Shota referred to him as, looked blankly at his teacher for a few seconds before replying. "Sixty-seven meters, I think."

"Right, try doing it with your quirk," Shota ordered, gesturing one of his hands toward a chalk-outlined circle a few yards from the group. "Anything goes, just stay in that circle."