10: Standoffish

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

ambivalence: the state of having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone.

★・・・・・・★

TO BE PITTED AGAINST a dramatic French student and an overenthusiastic pinkette, was to be put in the place of Kawa's current situation.

The petite girl took a moment to stretch her legs before the fifty-meter dash, humming contently when her joints made a satisfying pop noise. It was then Kawa really took the chance to survey her competition.

She first looked to the right.

The pinkette from earlier, with equally pink-tinted skin, also possessed horns, golden-colored eyes, and mesmerizing black sclera, different from the normal white sclera most people had.

As if sensing Kawa's calculating gaze, the girl turned, noticing the lilac-haired student and waving enthusiastically.

She was immediately ignored.

On Kawa's left side, stood a sparkly blond, who just so happened to already be staring at his competition. The boy's creepy stare caught Kawa off guard.

"Bonjour, petit fille!" He greeted, flicking his hair in such an obnoxious way that Kawa's eye visibly twitch in annoyance. "Are you prepared for a crushing defeat, une défaite écrasante, by your's truly?

Kawa only narrowed her eyes at the student, causing a laugh to escape his mouth.

"Nice attempts, mes amis..!" The sparkly boy turned opposite of the track, relaxing both his arms behind his head. "But you're not showing enough panache!"

The fake gunshot suddenly sounded, and both the pinkette and the sparkly blond dashed forward. Well, the pinkette dashed forward, whilst the blond shot some laser from his stomach and propelled forward.

At the same time, much to everyone's surprise, Kawa latched onto the pinkette.

"H-Hey, what are you doing..!?" The girl screeched, nearly slipping on her acid as she momentarily stopped.

But Kawa didn't answer, only leaning on the balls of her feet to reach the pinkette's ear. Her lips curled down into a menacing grimace.

She let out an airy hum.

"Let's go," she ordered in a soft, sing-song type of voice, which gently tickled the pinkette's hair as she spoke.