04: Destiny

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

erratic: not even or regular in pattern or movement; unpredictable.

★・・・・・・★

HIZASHI GLANCED AT HIS adoptive daughter, who despite her calm expression, was practically quivering as she sat on the couch.

"Are you okay..?"

On her other side, Shota sipped his coffee.

The family was currently sitting in the U.A teacher's lounge on the day of the entrance exam, biding their time as the clock ticked down the minutes.

In all honesty, Kawa did not have a quirk suitable for hashing it out with robots. But luckily enough, Kawa had touched enough pro heroes' hearts to have earned several recommendations.

Shota, Hizashi, and Nemuri were obviously amongst them, but she distinctly remembered meeting Nezu, Recovery Girl, Snipe, and Hound Dog.

"I'm alright," Kawa replied, inhaling a deep breath to stop herself from shaking before continuing. "..A bit nervous is all."

There was an awkward silence in the room before Shota stood up, clearing his throat as he motioned his coffee mug toward the door.

"We should get going for the written exam," Shota explained, eyeing Kawa for a moment before smiling softly. "Say goodbye to Hizashi."

"Farewell," Kawa bowed at Hizashi, pausing at the door and looking back. "..Good luck practicing for your speech."

Looking up from his notes for the entrance exam speech, Hizashi smiled brightly. "Thank you, little listener..!"

Beside her, Shota let out a tired sigh, leading Kawa out of the room and down the hallways.

"I wasn't aware I had to take the written exam," Kawa spoke out of the blue, glancing to her adoptive father with an inquisitive expression. "I believe being recommended meant I was exempt..?"

"Technically, you are," Shota replied, taking a big swig of his coffee before continuing. "We would still like you to take it since you don't actually need your quirk for it."

Kawa felt like that last part was a bit sarcastic, and meant to be humorous, but she didn't even smile or comment on it as the pair approached the exam room.