11: Panic

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

failure: a lack of success.

★・・・・・・★

THE CHILD COULD ONLY clumsily dodge the incoming attack, scrambling helplessly to the side as the woman in front of her charged.

"You're weak siren," the woman spat out the nickname, turning to glance coldly at the small girl. A sadistic grin curled on her lips. "You have to fight me..!"

The girl's mother dashed forward, lifting the knife in her hands in an attempt to stab her daughter's arm. Letting out an alarmed yelp, the little girl rolled into the sandpit of the house's training area, successfully dodging the attack.

For the past two years, this was the only thing the poor six year old knew. She could only recall the brutal training—the threatening attacks that seemed to land a little too close to her important organs, delivered by her mother, who resembled a blood-thirsty animal when she fought—and most notably, the woman's harsh treatment and her even harsher words.

"This is weakness Kawa!" The woman yelled, turning quickly on her heel in a flurry of attacks. The lilac-haired child ungracefully tripped backwards, essentially crawling on the floor to escape her mother's wrath. "You may as well stay on the ground and let me stomp on you like the bug you are."

Tears pricking at the edges of her eyes, the girl suddenly kicked her mother's legs, causing the woman to trip onto the dirt with a loud huff.

With desperation clawing her heart, the lilac-haired girl dove on top of the woman, gripping her wrists so intensely that it may have looked like she was trying to break them. A look of awe was plastered on the child's face.

Maybe it was a look of hope; maybe a tiny sliver of celebration that seemed to ring through her heart as she pinned her mother down.

But it was then that the little girl lost her focus.

A sharp sting in her stomach. The woman unapologetically kicked her daughter's stomach, making the poor girl fly a few feet away. Clutching her stomach, the lilac-haired child proceeded to empty her small lunch onto the sand.

"Disgusting.." the woman sneered, watching boredly as her daughter threw up. "..Now get up."

When the young girl didn't answer, her mother crouched down, grabbing her by the hair and tugging her face up. The child hiccuped, salty tears pouring down her face.