03: Convenience

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

family: a group of persons united by blood, marital, or adoptive means; usually living under the same roof.

★・・・・・・★

SHE OPENED HER EYES to her bland ceiling, almost letting out a sigh at the surrealism of it all.

Kawa could barely comprehend her own emotions; much less the new household she was thrown into. Letting out a yawn, the petite girl went downstairs.

"Good morning!" Hizashi was situated by the oven, humming happily as he saw his adoptive daughter standing at the stairs. "Care for some breakfast, Kawa..?"

With a polite nod, Kawa came to sit at the dining table, not even hesitating in devouring the food that was placed in front of her mere seconds beforehand.

"..Good morning." Shuffles were heard from the other side of the room as Shota suddenly emerged from seemingly nowhere, kissing his husband on the cheek and ruffling Kawa's already unruly hair. "We'll be having a guest today."

Kawa tilted her head at the sudden announcement, placing her utensils down on the empty plate. Hizashi also seemed confused. "Whaddya mean, Sho?"

"Nemuri," Shota spat in slight annoyance, all whilst Hizashi seemed to brighten at the name. He glanced at Kawa. "You can call her your aunt of sorts."

"Aunt?" Kawa questioned. "I am not aware of the term."

"..Let's just say she's one of your unofficial caretakers.." Shota shrugged, shoveling some food into his mouth at an attempt to hide his annoyance.

Kawa noticed almost immediately, opting to stay silent instead of push on the subject any further. She didn't want to get anybody angry.

"Ignore Shota here..!" Hizashi walked over after noticing the sudden tension, sitting beside Kawa and rubbing her shoulder. "Sho is just tired of dealing with Nemuri! She can be quite a handful."

"You cannot fit a person in your hand..?" Kawa replied quizzically, holding up her own hand and staring at it in confusion. "Much less a grown woman.."

Hizashi barked out a hearty laugh while Shota sighed, causing Kawa to tilt her head. "I don't think I said anything laugh-worthy.." she paused. "Why are you laughing?"

"N-No reason..!" Hizashi barely breathed out the sentence, still attempting to stifle his cackles. "It's not important!"

Before Kawa could answer back, a doorbell rang throughout the house, making the poor girl flinch at the loud sound.