14: Predicament

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

symphony: something regarded, typically favorably, as a composition of different elements.

★・・・・・・★

COINCIDENTALLY, THE TEAM that Kawa was placed on was compromised of three students, considering that there were an uneven amount of people.

There was already a plan in motion.

Each of her steps echoed throughout the concrete halls, making Kawa feel at peace at the stillness of it. The air seemed to vibrate as she mindlessly hummed, letting her quirk go unchecked for a short moment. It wouldn't control anyone if she didn't want it to, even if it was only for a brief period of time.

Kawa loved being alone. But only sometimes.

"What song is that?" Kawa froze when she heard Kaminari's voice, realizing that her comms had been activated the entire time. "..It sounds nice!"

On the other side, Kaminari couldn't help but blush. Man, was the lilac-haired girl's voice so soothing to him. He could sit and listen to her all day long.

Kawa looked to the side, her eyes narrowed as she replied. The compliment made her confused. "..It's nothing too horribly important, Denki Kaminari. Kyoka Jirou, do you have their location yet?"

She heard a buzz from her ear. "Yeah, they're on the very top floor," Jirou chimed in. "I can hear Yaoyorozu scolding Mineta for looking at her in a weird way." The comment was quickly followed by a fake gagging noise, presumably from Jirou herself.

"There's also lots of.. drilling noises?"

Briefly, Kawa thought back to the entrance exam.

"I've spoken to Momo Yaoyorozu once, where she imparted the details of her quirk.." she spoke, warily turning a corner as she did. "Most likely, she is barricading the door with metal sheets."

Kawa heard a slight hum of acknowledgement come from Jirou. "In that case, your two should meet up on the last floor," Jirou ordered, the comms slightly buzzing due to interference. "..and try to be discreet, Kaminari!"

The lilac-haired girl felt her confusion spike as Kaminari answered. "Why are you picking on me, dude!? I can be quiet!"

"Are you sure about that? Because you're being awfully loud right now!"

Kawa quickly learned that the two students did not get along in the slightest. She shut off her comms, a tad annoyed at the mindless bickering.

When Kawa reached the top floor, she turned her comms back on. It seemed that the two had stopped arguing at the moment, letting Kawa venture the halls in silence.

A sudden banging noise caught her attention.

Kawa stalked carefully toward one of the doors, pressing her ear against it in hopes of hearing anything. And just as she thought, she could hear Yaoyorozu's voice.

She lifted a finger to press on her comms. "I've located the room," she whispered gently. "..It's at the top level, right in the middle of the floor layout."

"On it!" Kaminari chimed in, only a few minutes passing before Kawa heard light footsteps behind her. She turned to find Kaminari, who gently waved in her direction.

Lifting a hand, Kawa gestured to the middle of her palm, then pressed against the door with the same hand. Kaminari smirked, understanding the message. He activated his quirk.

Sparks of electricity seemed to dance in the air, mixing perfectly with the airy hum Kawa began to make. The atmosphere vibrated bewitchingly, making the lilac-haired girl look around in slight amazement. It was a perfect symphony of oscillating sound waves and pulses of electricity.

Truly, a sight to behold.

Kawa glanced at Kaminari, who had been staring at her with a soft expression. The girl could only feel calm.

Nobody had ever looked at her like that before.

"..Did you know that metal conducts electricity?" Kaminari whispered, a cocky grin on his face.

Kawa only tilted her head in confusion. "Metal is a broad term," she whispered back. "And not all metals are good conductors of electricity. Some are wildly inadequate at it," she explained, tilting her head to the other direction. Her insides bubbled when Kaminari's smile widened; only slightly.

"Okay," he conceded softly, his cheeks lightly dusted in pink.

It was clear he had no clue what Kawa was saying.

Then, as if realizing where he was, Kaminari looked toward the door. "—Y-You may want to get behind me.."

Curiously, Kawa followed instructions, watching from over Kaminari's shoulder as he placed his open palm against the door. A sudden burst of electricity rang out, causing the door to abruptly blast off its hinges and into the room. Kawa shut her eyes at the sudden surge, feeling the boy in front of her grab onto her for protection and move away from the action.

When she opened her eyes, Kawa only found a black blast mark on the door frame, a scared purple midget, and an odd Kaminari.

A sudden blabbering sound made Kawa turn to look at Kaminari, who enthusiastically waved two thumbs-up in the air and giggled. "—Eughhh! Ehehehe..."

Kawa gave him a weird look, pressing a finger to her comms set. "Kyoka Jirou, something odd is happening.." she heard no response. "..Hello?"

Instead of a human response, Kawa only received a garbled buzz of interference. A bad sign.

The surge must've affected the communications channel, Kawa concluded, a frown of displeasure etched onto her lips.

Then, she glanced to Kaminari. Why hadn't he informed his team of his quirk's drawbacks? Now, because of it, Kawa was forced into an unpleasant disadvantage; having to care for Kaminari and fend off two attackers, coupled with no sight of backup and no communication.

If was safe to say that Kawa was in a predicament. A bad one at that.

With a huff of effort, Kawa pulled the electric blond behind her and pressed the button on her gloves, a sharp ring sounding as the blades appeared. The girl bent down into a familiar stance, her blue eyes narrowing into concentrated slits.

It was finally time to see what she could do.

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

[ Word Count: 1007 ]

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝