12: Initiative

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

gift: a thing given willingly to someone without payment; a present.

★・・・・・・★

THE GIRL WAS ALONE when she came to school the next day. Her adoptive parents having just dropped her off a block from the school to avoid suspicion, Kawa began the long trek.

"Hey!"

Curiously, she turned around, unsurprised to find an electric blond jogging after her, two bags in his hands.

"Good morning princess..!" Kaminari leaned against the lilac-haired girl, quickly offering her one of the bags in his hand. "Here! I stopped by a convenience store on the way here and accidentally got too much.. you want it?"

Rather obviously, Kaminari had not gotten the extra treats by accident. He felt as though he needed to get the girl something. A gift.

But what had started out as a simple gift made Kawa's hands shake. Her widened aqua-colored eyes darted between the bag and Kaminari.

She quickly realized that nobody had truly gifted her something before.

"You wish to give this to me?" Kawa questioned incredulously, her brows creasing in thought. "Are you positive..?"

Kaminari's head tilted in confusion. "Of course I do," he replied, his worried tone of voice apparent as he placed the plastic handles of the bag onto Kawa's arm. "..I got a few bags of chips, a muffin, and a box of Pocky!"

"What on earth is a Pocky?" With a serious expression, Kawa took out the rectangular box from the bag as she spoke. "It simply looks like a stick.."

The two students began to walk, the taller snatching the box away and hastily opening it.

"They're really good—" Kaminari grabbed one in between his fingers, motioning it toward the shorter's mouth. "..Here, try it!"

Kawa, having gave Kaminari a dubious look, leaned forward and hesitantly bit off about half of the stick. Her eyes seemed to light up at the taste; or at least they had for Kaminari.

"This is.. good," she stated nonchalantly, but took the box back nonetheless. "..I appreciate this. Thank you."

With a growing blush, Kaminari waved his free hand around. "O-Oh really, it was nothing special..!" He shouted, a nervous smile on his face. "I'm just happy you liked it so much, princess!"

The two of them finally arrived at U.A, quickly walking to their homeroom. When they arrived, the two sat down beside each other. "You mentioned that I could keep these..?"

"Of course you can," Kaminari grinned. "Anything for a cutie like you..!"

Kawa pondered for a moment, her body subconsciously leaning back in her chair. "Denki Kaminari.. what is a cutie and why do you keep calling me it?"

"O-Oh, well I—"

"Hey! Good morning listeners..!"

Kaminari breathed out a sigh of relief when Hizashi entered the classroom, his bubbly entrance immediately distracting Kawa.

"Let's get to doing some English, yeah?"

•••

The pounding footsteps Kawa could hear from in the hallway made her shoulders tense in anticipation.

Whoever was quickly approaching Class 1A was big. And that frightened the lilac-haired girl.

Suddenly, the door of the classroom slammed open, causing Kawa to jump and turn her gaze toward the newcomer in slight annoyance.

The man at the door leaned inside, a large smile on his face. "I am here..!" He shouted. "..Coming through the door like a hero!"

The class erupted into awe and cheers—much to Kawa's bafflement—watching as the brightly-dressed man stiffly marched into the room.

Beside her, Kaminari perked up, practically floating out of his seat in pure excitement. "I can't believe it's really All Might!"

All Might? Kawa glanced around at the class, her frown growing when she observed her peers' awe-inspired reactions.

Was he a hero then?

"Hey look.." The greenette from the locker room suddenly commented, her finger resting on her chin. "Is he wearing his Silver Age Costume, kero?"

All Might, or the man Kawa could only describe as obnoxious at first glance, stopped at the front of the classroom, turning his entire body so that it faced the class.

"Welcome to the most important class at UA High!" He exclaimed, causing Kawa to furrow her brows in irritation at the volume. "Think of it as Heroing 101."

"Let's get into it!"

All Might reached into his pocket, pulling out a small card. "Now, today's lesson will pull no punches..!"

Kawa leaned forward, her eyes narrowing as she read what was on the card. Battle Training.

The class once again erupted into excited chatter, each student eagerly awaiting what would come next. The lilac-haired girl felt her shoulders stiffen, her eyes boring into the card with a determined guise.

Her first step toward helping others.

Kawa was gently brought out from her head when a soft hand rested on her shoulder. "Princess, you okay?"

Stiffly, the girl glanced toward Kaminari, her expression swiftly turning into a confused one. The rest of the students had already begun to get up and move to the briefcases stationed at the front of the class; from where they came from, Kawa didn't know.

"Yes, I am fine," she assured, lifting herself from her seat. "I suppose we are changing into our hero costumes now..?"

"That's right!" Kaminari grinned, his hand retracting from Kawa's shoulder. He tilted his head. "What did you submit for your design?"

Kawa had stalled then, her mind screeching to a halt as she stared dumbfounded at the electric blond.

She never actually submitted a design for her hero costume. Nobody told her that she had to. Kawa glanced over to where her briefcase sat, a curious look on her face.

She turned back to Kaminari, resisting the urge to sigh aloud. "You'll have to see later, Denki Kaminari."

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

[ Word Count: 962 ]

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝