05: Encounter

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

๑๑๑★・・・・・・★๑๑๑

๑๑๑
★・・・・・・★
๑๑๑

believe: accept something as true; feel sure of the truth of something.

★・・・・・・★

AS THE EXAM FINISHED and students began to chat, Kawa abruptly stood up. She stretched her arms, aiming to walk out of the exam room.

"Ejiri, right?" Kaminari questioned, causing the mentioned girl to turn around with an inquisitive expression. "Where are you going? The explanation for the entrance exam is about to start!"

"I am not required to take it, seeing as I am a recommended student," she shrugged nonchalantly, as if the oddity of it all didn't faze her. "I wish you the best of luck, Denki Kaminari."

Before Kaminari could get another word in, Kawa had walked out of the aisle and out of the room, leaving the boy to wonder about her story.

Aimlessly wandering the halls, Kawa almost didn't make it. In truth, she was supposed to be heading toward one of the hero classrooms, both to meet up with the other first-year recommended students and to listen to one of Nezu's long-winded speeches.

When she entered the designated classroom, all eyes immediately turned to meet her. There was a group of three students at the front, who cast brief glances toward Kawa before continuing in their conversation. In the very back, was a singular heterochromatic-eyed boy with bi-colored hair, a large scar on his skin, and a bored look on his face.

He maintained eye contact.

Wishing not to be too out-of-place with the socially adept students in the front, Kawa turned to approach the loner. "Good morning."

The boy glanced up at Kawa, a bored expression on his face as he grumbled back a greeting. "..Morning.."

"My name is Kawa Ejiri," she greeted, opting out of using her new surname. Something about keeping out of trouble was the only thing Kawa could remember from her lecture with Shota. "And you are..?"

"Shoto Todoroki," he held his hand out, shaking Kawa's when she accepted the hand gesture. She shivered slightly, not expecting his skin to be ice-cold to the touch. She was about to comment on it until Todoroki suddenly spoke up. "What's your quirk?"

"Vocal Hypnosis," Kawa began, pulling her hand back from the handshake with a polite nod. "My voice, most effective through humming and singing, can trigger people to follow my commands or feel a certain emotion."