CHAPTER-16

Raghav's P.O.V

Sameeksha was still not awake. It was already morning but she was still laying on that damned bed.

I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms again. I couldn't wait to talk to her again and I couldn't wait to hear her laugh again.

Sameeksha's parents along with my parents had come to meet Sameeksha early in the morning and they were still here, we weren't able to persuade them to leave like last night.

The door burst open and in came bhabhi, Anshika, bhai, Sid and Abhi. Tanya had gone to check up on other patients.

"How is she?" asked bhabhi

"She is fine. Out of danger." I replied with a hoarse voice.

"How are you?" she again asked and I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't know how I was. I was just numb.

It was like every emotion was drained out of me. I couldn't feel anything and I felt helpless.

After staying and assuring me that everything would be fine, they left us alone.

I held her hand in mine, intertwined our fingers and said,"Come on, it's already morning and you are still not awake. I want you to get up. I want to tell you so many things. I want to confess so many things. I can't see you like this. You would have to wake up for your best friend, for your family. I can't see your fragile state and I don't want to see you like this ever again. I want you to fight with me and make sassy remarks. I want you to laugh and blush on my jokes, though they might not actually be jokes for me. I want to tell you that I love you, Sameeksha. Come on, get up my love."

And then, she squeezed my hand. My head jerked up so fast to see her that I swear I got a whiplash. She opened her eyes and squinted, trying to adjust to the bright lights in the room.

I was just about to scream for the doctor, when Tanya herself walked inside the room with everyone else.

Sameeksha eyed everyone with confusion but when she saw her parents, she smiled a bit.

Then, her eyes met mine and she immediately jerked her hand away from mine. My heart was beating so loudly in my chest that I was able to hear it's every beat.

Tanya cleared her throat and asked,"Umm- Hello! Do you remember your name?"

"Sameeksha." she replied with confusion clear on her face. I smiled a bit when she spoke her name. She wouldn't forget me now.

"What is your age?"

"23"

My eyes widened on its own accord and everyone present in the room was shocked because her age is '25' and not '23'.

Tanya sighed and again asked,"Do you remember why are you brought here?"

"No."

"You got into a car accident and this lovely family brought you here and we called your parents."

"Oh! Okay. Umm- Thank you."

Tanya signalled my mother to play along so she said,"No problem, dear. It was our pleasure."

Sameeksha smiled a little and nodded her head. Tanya ushered all of us out of the door and told us to come to her cabin.

If I said that I was scared then that would be an understatement. I was fucking terrified. I know what was Tanya going to say and I was not ready to hear that.

I wanted her to say something that was quite impossible. I wanted her to laugh out loud now and say that this all was a prank and Sameeksha was fine and she wasn't suffering from amnesia. But I knew she wouldn't do anything like that. No matter how much bubbly and chirpy Tanya is, she wouldn't joke around with her proffesion. She loved her job more than anything.

"What the hell, Tanya. Sameeksha really forgot us?" bhai said with a hint of melancholy in his tone.

Tanya sighed and said,"Yes."

"Please tell me that you are pranking us again, Tanya." Abhi said, desperate to know.

"No, I hate to break it to you all but this ain't any prank. For the first time in my life, I wished it was a prank."

We all fell into complete silence. The air was thick with melancholy and I couldn't take it anymore so I stood up from my chair and left the room. No one tried to stop me because they knew I needed some alone time.

I entered Sameeksha's room to see her lying on the bed with her eyes closed and I presumed that she was asleep. So, I moved towards her and kissed her forehead, cheek and nose.

But then, she woke up, pushed me away and slapped me. Hard.

"How dare you kiss me, huh? Don't you have any shame? You know what, I had refused to believe that you are cold, arrogant and a narcissistic jerk. But, now I finally believe that whatever the media told about you was 101% right. Women throw themselves at you doesn't mean I would do the same. You can't just kiss someone without their permission. You aren't even that handsome. God! I hate you. I hate you so much that I can't even bear the sight of you. Get out of my sight before I scream and call everyone here."

"God! I hate you. I hate you so much that I can't even bear the sight of you."
That line broke my heart into million pieces. I know I sound dramatic but I can't help it. The woman I love, hates me. And that hurts. I know that she has lost her memory and she doesn't know what she is speaking but it still hurts.

And to get rid of my pain, I did the most stupid thing I could ever do.
"You are also not that beautiful, Ms. Rathore. I thought that you would be smart but I guess people either have beauty or brains. No one is perfect and so, don't think that you are perfect, Ms. Rathore. I hate you too."

She huffed and turned her head to the opposite direction. With a heavy heart, I walked out of the door and started wandering out of the hospital.

"No one is perfect and so, don't think that you are perfect, Ms. Rathore."
No one is perfect but she is, atleast in my eyes.

"I hate you too."
I don't hate her. I love her from the bottom of my heart and I love her so much so that I would happily give her the knife and ask her to stab my heart so that she would be the last person I  see before I die.

"You are also not that beautiful, Ms. Rathore."
Who am I lying to? She is the most beautiful woman I have ever met and she would remain the most beautiful woman in my eyes.

"I guess people either have beauty or brains."
Huh! She is the only woman I know who has got beauty and brains, both. And she is perfect for me in every way possible and I would do my best to bring her memory back.
——————————————————

I know this shit is very common but then I wanted this story to be a bit realistic. I didn't want to add those Mafia and all where Sameeksha would get kidnapped and Raghav would save her.

That is just very cliché.

Hope you understand. I tried my best to make this part more bearable. So, please give me your honest reviews.

And do you want some sidneet or basantika or Abhinavi scenes? I can give you romantic scenes of these couples except Sumellika. I realised that I am not giving that much importance to these couples.

Thank you❤