CHAPTER-26

2 years later:-

Sameeksha's P.O.V

A knock resounding throughout the silent room made me snap out of my thoughts.

I sat straight, adjusted my reading glasses and told the person to come in.

"Hey!"

"Hello! What are you doing here? Don't you have any work, Anshika?"

Anshika pouted and said,"Come on. Stop being so rude. I just came here to check up on you."

"You don't have to do that. I am older than you, remember?"

"Whatever. Tell me, what are you doing?"

"Are you actually this dumb or are you pretending to be dumb?"

"Huh? What?"

"Yup! You are actually very dumb. What do you think I would be doing in office, Anshika?"

She chuckled sheepishly and said,"Ya! Right." And then her facial expression took a 360 degree turn and she got very excited from sheepish,"By what time will you be free?"

"Why do you ask?" I asked skeptically.

"Tell me."

"No!"

"Come on. Don't be so stubborn."

I stood up from my chair, straightened my back, squared my shoulders, crossed my arms against my chest, narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips in a thin line. Then said,"I won't tell you my schedule until you tell me what you are upto."

"I am not upto anything. I just want to know my friend-cum-sister's schedule." She gave me an innocent smile and I would have actually believed her had I not saw the mischievous glint in her eyes.

I gave her a sarcastic smile and said,"You are wasting your time, Anshika. I am not telling you my schedule. Now, if you don't have anything productive to say, then kindly get lost."

She huffed and said,"Fine! I will just ask your secretary. You can continue your work now, Your Highness."

I rolled my eyes and sat back in my chair. I closed my eyes and rested my head on the polished black surface of my desk.

Time sure flies fast. It had already been 2 years since I left India. 2 years since I came here in London with Anshika.

Things were quite difficult at first but with each other's support, we managed to get through all this. We both have our own offices and we stay together in a small but cute and cozy apartment that has an open kitchen, a living room, 3 bedrooms and a small balcony that overlooks the whole of London. That's just amazing, isn't it?

My life is back on track after that horrible accident that got me a short-term memory loss. Yup, I know about it. I threatened my dad to tell me what was bothering him when we were leaving for airport. And he did. If I said that I was scared of this news then that would be an understatement of my whole life.

Who wouldn't be terrified if they got to know that they have forgotten everything that has happened with them? I was lucky enough to have only gotten a partial memory loss.

Before I could dwell in those  memories and start missing my parents and someone I don't even remember, the intercom, that was laying on my table, started ringing. I grunted in annoyance and picked it up with much more force than necessary.

"What?" I probably shouldn't have snapped at my poor assistant, but I can't help it. I was in a foul mood since this morning. Maybe because I didn't get my coffee.

"Ma-ma'am, there is som-someone on the line who wants to talk to you."

I sighed and forced myself to calm down,"And who is that 'someone'?"

"I don't know. They just said that they know you personally and that you would be ecstatic to hear from them."

Who is it that knows me personally? And why would I be ecstatic to hear from this person?

It wouldn't be my parents. They would call me on my personal number and not this land-line.

I furrowed my brows in confusion and said,"Alright. Transfer the call. Thank you, Bella."

"Hello?" I asked after the call was transferred.

When that person didn't make any move to speak, I said,"Listen, I don't have whole day for your bullshit. So get your shit together and speak or else get lost."

I normally don't speak much curses, but today is an exception. Told ya, today is bad as fuck.

"Whoa! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" A velvety voice teased me from the other side of the line.

My brows shot up to my hairline. Who is this person? What does he want from me? And do I know him? What the fuck!

"Who the fuck are you?"

"I am someone who admires you from afar."

"Creep. What do you want?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice."

"What? Seriously? Listen, you might be free all the goddamn day but I am not. And don't you dare call here ever again." I banged the phone back and muttered,"Idiot." under my breath.

After taking some deep breaths to calm myself, I called Bella with some files. I need to keep my temper in check today. I don't know what has gotten into me.

***************

Third Person's P.O.V

"Hello?" Ah! That sweet voice. How much he missed this voice and it's owner. For a good 5 minutes, he sat on his chair, admiring her voice and missing it terribly.

"Listen, I don't have whole day for your bullshit. So, get your shit together and speak or else get lost." That same sweet voice spoke again but with a hint of sharpness in her tone.

He chuckled under his breath and teased her, which had become his favourite way of passing time,"Whoa! Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"Who the fuck are you?" Ouch! That hurt. The person he loved the most didn't even remember him.

"I am someone who admires you from afar."

"Creep. What do you want?"

Fuck.
Shit.
He didn't have any excuse. What is he gonna say now?

"Nothing. I just wanted to hear your voice." And now he just wanted to kill himself. Seriously? Wanted to hear her voice? Was that the only excuse his brain could come up with at that time? Where the fuck was his smartness when he needed it the most?

"What? Seriously? Listen, you might be free all the goddamn day but I am not. And don't you dare call here ever again." And she hung up on him thinking he was some creep.

Great! Just what he wanted. And it's the fault of his stupid brain. He face-palmed himself and engrossed himself in his work. His safe haven.
——————————————————

Hello!

I am so so so so sorry. I couldn't publish because these school assignments, homework and studies are eating my head.

I didn't get any time to update. I am really very sorry.

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Thank you😅❤