CHAPTER-27

Sameeksha's P.O.V

Love is the most beautiful emotion one can ever feel. But is it necessary that everyone would believe in it? Does it even exist? And even if it does exist, then can anyone love me like those fictional men? Can anyone hold me and kiss me like I am the most important person for them? Can anybody hug me and protect me from this fake and selfish world?

I guess not. Because the more books I read, the more I lose my faith in love. The more novels I read, the more I realise that there's no-one who can love me like them. No-one who has the will to burn down the whole goddamn world for me. Absolutely no-one. We came here alone, we are going to leave alone. That's life.

As practical as it may sound, this is a fact that you can't deny even when you want to.

I, for once, wanted to experience what it feels like when in love because the cheesy and clićhe things those couples did amazed me every time. Sure, my parents love each other unconditionally but they fight a lot too. Why? Because they both are equally stubborn. They wouldn't talk to each other for days and then, eventually, my father would come around and apologize for the mistake he didn't know of or the mistake he didn't commit.

If that is love, then I want to experience it. I want to hold hands of the person whom I would love. I want to kiss that person and hug him. I want to do all those cheesy romantic things the couples in my books do.

But will I ever be able to experience these things? Will I ever get a Josh Chen in my life who will be ready to kill a person just because that person pushed me off the stairs? Will I ever get an Alex Volkov who will shut down his business and fly to London to pacify me?

Even if I don't get these things, will I ever get a loyal and faithful friendship? Will I ever get a Keshav in my life who will be ready to sacrifice the love of his life for my justice? Sure, I had friends in my high school and college, but they were all fake. They were there with me just because I was popular and was the daughter of the Raj Rathore, the biggest businessman.

To make the matters worse, I didn't have any siblings with whom I could share my feelings with. I had very understanding and amazing parents, no doubt, but there are some things that cannot be shared with them. For example, you can't gush about a guy you met in a mall to your parents, can you? Especially Indian parents.

So, I was pretty much lonely my whole life even after having such an amazing parents. I was an introvert, still am, and so, making friends was a big deal for me. I know that we can't own anyone, but I wanted to. I wanted to declare to the whole goddamn world that 'Yes, bitches. That particular person is mine. So, stay away before I snatch all your hair and make you bald.'

And then, I became the CEO and met Anshika in a business party. We just clicked it off the moment we set eyes on each other. We talked and got to know each other and became best of friends. I am so grateful to meet such a beautiful soul like her.

(Remember, she has lost her memory so she doesn't know that Anshika was her P.A once. They met in a business party according to her.)

"Sameeksha, come on. You have been working since forever." Anshika barged inside my room and started whining.

"Stop being so dramatic. Where do you want to go?"

"There's a new club just down the lane. We are gonna go there."

"I don't wanna go anywhere."

"You have 2 hours to get ready. If you didn't get ready till then, I am gonna drag you to that club in your work clothes itself."

"Bu-"

"No ifs and buts. Bye, see you soon."
And she shut the door behind her, leaving me alone to drown in my miseries.

Sometimes, I just wish I hadn't met her. But then again, my life would have been pretty boring without her.

I collected all my belongings and headed straight to our apartment.

After getting there, I took a shower and did some makeup. After that, I dressed up in a really very hot black dress that reached above my knees.

I wore diamond studded earrings, grabbed a black coloured slim bag and my phone

Just as I was about to open the door, Anshika slammed the door open,"I tol—" Her jaw dropped to the floor when she saw me. "Whoa! You look so hot, babe." I passed her a smile and thanked her for the compliment.
"Don't know how's he going to resist the urge to touch you. I pity him."

"Huh? Who is going to resist the urge to touch me? And who is this 'he'? And why the hell do you pity him?"

"Well. Every single male present inside the club is going to resist the urge to touch you. And I pity all the male species who would be present there. Anyways, let's go. We are getting late."

"By the way, Anshika, you look hot too."

"Huh! I was born to look hot and sexy." She flipped her hair dramatically which made me giggle.

I shook my head and sat inside the car to head to a destination I didn't know about.

Don't know what this night has in store for me. But one thing is for sure, this night is going to change my life forever. I have this gut feeling.

The thing I don't know is whether the change will be good or bad for my life.
——————————————————

This is probably my first time writing something like this. Full of emotions, I mean.

And the characters reference is taken from the following books:-

Josh Chen – Twisted Hate by Ana Huang.

Alex Volkov – Twisted Love by Ana Huang.

Keshav – One Arranged Murder by Chetan Bhagat.

If you are into a solid hate-to-love trope, I highly recommend Twisted Hate.

If you are into best-friend's-sister trope, I recommend Twisted Love.

If you are into a solid friendship and Indian mystery and thriller, I recommend One Arranged Murder.

VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE.

Thank you❤