EXTENDED EPILOGUE

6 months later:-

Raghav's P.O.V

Today was one of those days where my wife was extremely grumpy and wouldn't stop scolding me.

My whole morning was spent in listening to her lecture about something as trivial as forgetting to bring her ice-cream.

Could you believe it? I had to apologize multiple times and bring her a whole packet of m&m's to make it up to her.

I didn't know why she was behaving like that. One second, she would be very loving and sweet and the very next second she would be grumpy and raging.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked as I watched her gobble down a bar of chocolate.

"Honestly, even I don't know."

"I think you should consult a doctor."

"What? You think that I am mad?"

"I don't think. I know."

A tear slipped from her eyes at my words.
She sobbed,"You– you will leave me now, won't you? I am troubling you a lot. You know what, it would be completely fine if you leave me."

I sighed and inched forward to hug her and rock her back and forth,"Baby, I was only kidding. I don't think that you are mad. I was just concerned about you."

"That's all?"

"That's all."

"Oh! Okay. I will book an appointment."

"I will come with you."

"No. It's okay. You go to your office. I will take bhabhi with me."

"Won't she go to her boutique?"

"No. She has taken a leave until Myra gets old enough. She doesn't want her daughter to feel that her parents don't give her attention."

"Okay. Call me if you need anything, okay?"

"Okay." I pecked her forehead and picked up my phone, wallet and car keys before leaving the room and striding towards the humongous garage.

"Bhai, give me a lift please." Sid's indirect order halted me in my steps.

"Was that an order?"

"Uh– no. A request. Pretty please, bhai. I need to reach the office on time today otherwise Dev bhai will kill me."

"Then why don't you use your own car?"

"Because my car is in the hospital right now. It's windshield was broken. The doctor said that the car would be repaired in a week."

"Okay, fine. Sit inside."

"Thanks, bhai. I love you."

I chuckled and sat inside the driver's seat. I stepped on the gas and zoomed off towards our office all the while thinking about my dear wife— Sameeksha.

********

"Hello?"

"Raghav. I need you to come here as soon as possible." Sameeksha's panicked voice broke my concentration.

"Why? What happened?" I asked while picking up my car keys and blazer and dashing off towards the private parking area.

"I can't tell you anything on the phone. Just come here, please."

"I am on my way, sweetie. Don't worry."

"Okay." Before I could say anything, the line went dead.

I pressed on the gas pedal harder and reached our home in about 5 minutes.