CHAPTER-15

Sameeksha's P.O.V

"Hello? Where are you lost?" I asked Raghav while trying to hurriedly get ready because I was already very late and I can't afford to get late today. I have a really very important meeting with my designing team.

"Nowhere." He shrugged. How envious I was of him! He took a freaking day off today just because he wanted to. I was utterly shocked when he announced that he wasn't going to office today.

A complete workaholic person like him who wouldn't take a day off even if his life depended on it, suddenly decided that he wasn't going to office today was a complete shocker for me.

I hurriedly dried my hair and secured them in a high ponytail. Then after telling him a quick goodbye, I left for my office without even eating breakfast because I was LATE.

God! Why the hell did I even agree to watch a goddamn movie with him at 3 in the morning?

Well technically, he manipulated me into watching a movie. Don't ask me how because even I don't know that.

He is just a great businessman.

I entered inside our meeting room and took my seat— after greeting everyone with a warm smile— at the far end of the rectangular table.

After everyone settled in their respective seats, I gestured them to start the meeting.

Mrs. Tejaswini started showing her presentation and by the end of it, I was pretty impressed. The team did their best to impress everyone sitting here. And they did a damn good job.

When the dimmed lights disappeared, I was the first one to start clapping. Then, everyone joined me.

After the deal was finalized, we all celebrated a bit and then I gave them my famous prep-talk— that I always give after a deal is finalized— we all got out of the meeting room.

I am not like your prejudiced CEO. My relation with my employees is very friendly. They do not fear me and that instills a type of respect no-one can remove. I always wanted my employees to respect me, not because I am their employer but because they want to. 

They never fear to say anything to me and that is what I always wanted. For them to have a right to speech. Because that is a basic human right no-one can deny, even if I am their boss.

After hours of reading multiple of files, I took a short break and decided to sip my hot coffee that had gotten cold.

I opened my Instagram and started scrolling through random memes and posts when I received a phone call from.... Raghav?

Why would he call me?
I picked up the call anyway,"Hello?"

"Ummm.... Sameeksha I.. Can you come to the location I texted you?"

"Why? What happened? Everything is fine, right?"

"Ye- Actually no. There has been a problem. Just come here, I will explain it later. Come fast, okay? Bye."

He cut the call without waiting for my response and fear made its way to my heart.

All different scenarios ran in my mind and all of them were worse.

Possibility of something happening to him ran in my mind and fear clouded my brain. I immediately cancelled my meeting and left as soon as possible.

And in all this, I realised that I am unnecessarily hyperventilating. I mean I know that he is my best friend and I should be worried sick about him but this was extreme.

I cared about him like he was more than a friend for me. I was worried about him like he is more than a friend.

He can't just be my friend.