Chapter 8

Y/N HUDSON

AUGUST 30, 1957

It was noon and Elvis was still sound asleep in the hotel room. Since Colonel Parker had booked an executive suite, the bedroom had been closed off from the living area and kitchen, allowing everyone to mingle around the living area and kitchen without worrying about waking up Elvis.

Billy had been allowed to bring a few of his friends and they were watching the Beasts of Marseilles on the TV. You and George were sitting at the dining table, playing Pitty Pat with some cards you found at the bottom of your purse, and to no surprise, George was winning 3-1.

Colonel and Elvis' mama, Gladys, were quietly talking in the kitchen. Recently Gladys would grow quiet or snappy when around you but it was never direct.

George set the last of his cards down which was his third pair, and he won. "You notice how E.P.'s mama's been actin' around you?"

You put your hand of cards on the table and sighed, looking at the sunny view through the glass doors leading to the balcony. "Me? I thought she was actin' like that around everyone."

You watched as Colonel entered the room Elvis was sleeping in and shut the door behind her. Gladys turned her back towards you and George before glancing at you one last time.

"She's all nice when she's around us, overly nice, but when it comes to you... Well, you already know."

You gulped as Colonel came from the room and walked over to you two.

"Mister Presley wants to see you, Y/N/N. What are we playing over here?"

"Just some Pitty pat, Colonel. Please, take my spot, I'm already losing," you sarcastically said in a joking manner.

You walked over to the room as Colonel took your spot and already began to shuffle the cards, a cigar in between the corner of his lips as ashes of the bright embers aflame at the end of the stick fluttered onto the table.

You walked into the room and Elvis was nowhere to be seen. The room was eerily quiet and you thought he was playing a prank on you. You didn't see the bathroom light from the crack at the bottom of the door. Walking back into the bathroom door, you felt something wet hit your back. You looked behind you, and a hand gripped your waist and shoulder.

"Woah there, mama," Elvis said quietly, his head ever so slightly tilted down to look at you.

You looked up at him and smiled before quickly realizing he was in his towel. You quickly stepped out of his grasp and looked at him up and down, your eyes lingering on the fitness of his cut and grooved abdomen.

Your eyes widened before meeting his again and you could tell he had something sneaky to say, but bit his tongue and smirked at you instead.

"Colonel said you wanted me, what is so important that you couldn't wait to be dressed."

"Goodmorning to you too," Elvis joked, walking back into the bathroom and putting some toothpaste on the previously soaked bristles of his toothbrush. "I dunno what to wear," he said before beginning to brush his teeth.

"E, it's the night of the concert are you kidding me?" You furrowed your brows and threw your hands up in confusion.

He simply shrugged and continued to brush his teeth. Figuring you needed to help him find something to wear for his set tonight, you grabbed his suitcase and threw it onto the bed with somewhat of a struggle. As heavy as the suitcase was, you were surprised he couldn't find anything to wear.