Chapter 33

Y/N HUDSON

SEPTEMBER 18TH, 1965

Sometimes I wonder how this all came to be. If I never went to Seth's house that night and caught him with Kassandra, would I still be with him? Would Seth be Lisa-Marie's father instead of Elvis? If Rob and I stayed at the zoo with the kids for 5 more minutes, would I have missed Vernon's call, which lead to Elvis meeting his daughter?

These thoughts raced through my mind as I watched Elvis talk to Jerry and George on the other side of the trailer lot. I was sitting next to the Colonel as he played Connect Four with Lisa-Marie.

"What's on your mind, Miss Y/n?" Colonel asked, his focus still on winning against my five-year-old.

"Just... Just wonderin' about how this all came to be... How I'm back, and I'm back with Elvis Presley's daughter," I said quietly, my eyes ripping away from Elvis to look at the Colonel.

"Well, Mr. Presley takes care of what's his. He's always loved you, whether it was as a friend or a lover, he made you his personal assistant. He made you the mother of his child. The lord put both of you on this Earth to be together," he responded.

Smiling, I leaned into his shoulder to give him a small hug for his comforting words. Just then, the Colonel jumped back in his seat, a loud groan escaping from his lips. I looked down to see what happened, and to my surprise, Lisa-Marie won.

The Colonel shook his head as Lisa-Marie ran over to me, beaming and giggling.

"Mama! Mama! I won!" She exclaimed.

Clapping, I congratulated her, "yes you did, Miss Lisa-Marie! I knew you'd win."

I picked her up and set her down on my lap, while bouncing my knee. I rubbed circles on her back, getting ready to continue talking to the Colonel before spotting Elvis walking towards us.

I sat up straighter and Lisa-Marie began waving frantically at her father. He grabbed my hand and helped me stand up so I had some stability in my heels.

He kissed my cheek and Lisa's forehead, holding my free hand while I held Lisa on my opposite hip.

"I need'a talk to ya', mama." He said in a hushed tone.

He looked at Lisa-Marie and I knew it was something serious since he didn't want Lisa-Marie hearing. I sat her down by the Colonel and told them we'll be back in a moment before Elvis grabbed my hand and lead me towards the big trailer.

Elvis let me walk through the doors first before closing them behind him, and made his way to the back where the red cushioned seats were and sighed as he sat down. He hunched over and propped his elbows on his knees, his head in his hands.

Sliding the door closed behind me, I crossed my arms as I took in his seemingly stressed state.

"Elvis, what's wrong?"

He put his hands down, folding them as he kept his head dropped.

"The Colonel and Daddy booked some shows in Vegas," he started. "I can't bring you or Lisa-Marie," he muttered.

I slowly balled my hands into fists as my breathing became heavy. Elvis going to Vegas without us? Of course, Elvis had gone to probably hundreds of shows without me, but it's different now. I knew what happened backstage behind locked dressing room doors. I've walked in on Elvis cheating on Priscilla before, I know how he is.

Ever since Elvis met Lisa-Marie, he's been bringing us everywhere with him. I've been to all his shows and he didn't dare look at another woman when I was with him. But what'll happen in Vegas? I don't want to be just another toy of Elvis. I shouldn't have to be. Sure, he's been a great father to Lisa, but because I've been with him behind closed doors, I have no clue if he's changed when I'm not around.

Yet, this was something I was prepared for, hence the reason I haven't been made official with Elvis. I wanted to know fully that he was prepared to commit first; not just to being a father or a boyfriend, but a loyal husband.

I don't know if it's because I wanted to just walk away from the entire conversation or because I wanted to hear his real response, but the words that escaped my lips shocked me on the inside no more than they shocked Elvis.

"It doesn't matter to me. It's not like we're official. I'm just Lisa's mother, Elvis. "

Elvis slowly looked at me, his brows furrowed. He slowly stood up and my heart began to beat much faster. My arms fell from being crossed and I wrapped them around my torso. He stepped towards me, his head tilted down to look me in the eyes after snatching his glasses off.

"Don't you ever... and I mean EVER," he basically screamed, backing me into the wall, "say that shit to my fuckin' face again. Do you hear me?" He asked, his voice still raised.

He pressed his finger into my chest rather roughly and I tried not to let out a wince. I've never seen Elvis this upset, let alone this upset from me.

I nodded, but that wasn't good enough for him because he screamed at me again, "I said do you fucking hear me?!"

"Yes-! Yes Elvis-" I responded, avoiding his gaze by looking the other way as I felt my eyes watering.

"You are not just Lisa's fuckin' mother. You're here for a reason. Because I want you, and I always get what I fuckin' want." He grabbed me by the waist and tilted my chin up to look at him with his finger. "You are going to be my wife, real- real- soon. You are the one I'll hunt down until I get you. I've fucked up in the past, and you know that, but now that you're here for good, there's no more fuck ups from me, Y/n."

I just nodded, shocked at the fact that Elvis confirmed an upcoming proposal, agreed to being loyal, and assured me that I'm staying.

Elvis and I just looked at each other, both at a loss of words. I didn't know how to explain to him what I was feeling, so I did what I know best.

I kissed him, for the first time in years, and he kissed back. He kissed back with so much passion.

"Take this dress off, mama," he mumbled against my lips.