Chapter 36

Y/N HUDSON

DECEMBER 25, 1965

"I'll give you all I got-" Elvis paused, breaking his eyes away from the chicken scratched paper to look at Jerry and George. "Guys, this sounds stupid. Y/n won't fall for that."

"I don't even know why you're writin' it out. I think you should try and speak from the heart."

"Yeah, George? If Elvis tries to freestyle it, he'll end up singin' and gyratin' in front of her," Jerry said with a laugh.

Elvis whacked him in the back of the head with the notebook. He stood up and walked to the door, wanting to escape his office and just go back to his woman.

"Listen, guys, I-I'm just gonna sleep on it. I'll figure something out, just don't mention it to anyone."

"You got it. Night E.P!"

"Night, boys."

I woke up the next morning to an unfamiliar feeling: emptiness. Elvis' side of the bed was made and missing the handsome man that normally occupied the spot. Remembering it was Christmas Day, I had a feeling that he was out running errands, which made the empty feeling turn into pure loneliness.

Deciding to get the day started and wake up Lisa-Marie, I quickly jumped out of bed and put on the long cardigan that matched my baby blue short pajama set.

Pulling my shorts down as I left the room, I wandered towards my daughter's. Opening the door, Lisa-Marie was nowhere to be found either.

Sighing, as I wanted to be the one to wake her up and see that big, innocent smile, I made my way downstairs. It was quiet.

"Seriously? The one day when it's okay to be noisy- everyone leaves!"

Groaning as I made my way to the main floor bathroom, I quickly did my business and washed my hands afterwards.

From the end of the hallway, I saw the snow mounting the trees and once vibrant colored fields through the glass, and it brought a small smile to my face. I began to walk towards the scene, and the second I walked past the kitchen door frame, everything happened at once.

"Y/n's up!"

"Go-go-go!"

"Move Billy, move Jerry! I see my gift!"

It seemed like the entire occupants of Graceland had emerged from the kitchen. Nearly being trampled over, I turned to see everyone attacking the colorfully wrapped boxes in the living room.

"Where's Elvis...?" I muttered to myself as I examined the crowd surrounding the tree.

"Right here, mama," a familiar southern twang brought a butterfly feeling to my stomach as the familiar hands snaked around my waist and a pair of oh-so-familiar lips found way to my exposed neck.

After letting him place a few kisses on my skin and squeezing my hips, pushing my hips into his own, I finally turned around to find who I've been looking for all morning.