9. leigha

my very first thought is that this profile picture looks this particular way by accident. as time passes, however, i suspect the angle was kept like this on purpose, but i'm also not too sure. it is not a recent picture. i can see that by a number of things. i have absolutely no way of telling, but i think there must be two plaits behind the ears i can not see (neither the plaits nor the ears). i'm nearly as sure that there would be no ribbons involved (but that's just because i guess ribbons would not have gone down well). i think the hair was probably unruly on the best of days and plaits were the easiest way to tame it. the eyes in the picture are in your face with honesty and bonhomie. those are the bluest and clearest eyes i have ever seen. deep set and reminds me somehow of an eagle's eyes. unflinching. true. trusting. no, more unafraid than trusting; as if there was nothing at all to fear, because nothing scary existed then. they are wide and wide apart; the whites are what i like to call blue as milk, the pupils suggesting that this picture was taken indoors or in a studio - maybe on the occasion of a birthday or cropped from a family group photo... there is something grecian about the nose and the space between the eyes. it is open and looks like alabaster. that skin is palely flawless and i'm guessing it still is...the colour is peaches and cream. it is so smooth that i cannot detect a smile, much less an uproarious laugh, which i suspect is mostly what comes out of the mouth i cannot see...i think this is a straight face just looking straight into a camera; perhaps, just perhaps there may be a slight mona lisa smile...?