2 c. poppie

i want my own business in this town, but on the other side of the railway line, in arandis. having shares in claudia's place is fine for now, but i have bigger plans. i know she means to ask sadie to join us, but she doesn't know sadie like i do, after all we have the same mother! sadie has one goal and one goal only. she wants to go to cape town. i don't know why she doesn't ask that white madam of hers to help her get there. it's her fault that jan-willem got in under the kitchen table with sadie. all these white women have only themselves to blame for errant spouses. if there was a good meal at home their husbands wouldn't eat out. unfortunately, also, once they have tasted dark chocolate, there's no turning back to milk chocolate, we all know that. and we all know why! if only white girls weren't so up tight. if they could just loosen up a bit, perhaps their men folk would not take a dip somewhere else. and the men like a bit of meat on a woman's bones too, unlike popular white belief... and they like a bit of sophistication on a brown girl (maybe it is a blessing sadie and i have different fathers and i can wear my fun wigs and look good in them too. ) men are really from mars. i think that women should be taught from an early age about men and how their heads and bodies work. by sex educators. (but then sex educators have to first discover what i just know instinctively) at secondary school level - even earlier in an appropriate way, it's so important! i think everything about men work in a way women cannot even fathom. women think they know men; we all think we do, but i think the men are so incredibly different that we need to rethink how men work, completely. i think a man's anatomy has a life of its own. women should be made aware of this fact. and i will never let up about the fact that women have to take responsibility for how they dress and act. how can women wear hardly anything and behave like tramps and not expect trouble from men? males can't be expected to always behave appropriately when women behave like hookers, because men are really a different species. this is true! people won't listen to me, but it's really true! one can't act like a whore, dress like one, add drink to the mix and expect men to be focused and have enough self control when push comes to shove - for the mere fact that they are made differently. quite differently! their synapses and brains and emotions and neurons and stuff are put together in some other order or something. if women took more responsibility for their ways and dress and everything that goes with it, things would be different in this world. but nobody wants to listen to me. claudia and i have argued over this again and again. all i'm saying is that women have to be accountable for their dress and behavior. one cannot behave like a whore and expect a man to listen when one suddenly decides to say 'no, please'. i'm sorry, it's just not on. this is the real world, have some responsibility...