3

~The next day~

Marinette did not sleep all night. She kept thinking about what happended yesterday. At all cost, Marinette had to avoid Adrien. Or else her secret will be out. Tikki tried to comfort her, but Marinette kept panicking. What if Lila shows the recording to ShadowMoth? Marinette could not take any risks. Marinette walked to school without any motivation. She wanted to pretend to be sick, but Marinette could not lie to her parents. When Marinette finally arrived at school, Alya immediantly noticed how tired Marinette was. "Woah! Girl, what have you done all night? I did not know that there was a akumatization yesterday." asked Alya. "There was none." Marinette said. She did not even explain why she was that tired. Right now she just want to collapse on the ground and pass out. "Then what is it?" said Alya, trying to get a answer. Marinette just stared at her blankly. "Hello?" asked Alya as she waved her hand in front of Marinette's face. "Mhm, lets just go to class." said Marinette. Marinette walked away, leaving Alya really confused. 

Adrien walked stepped out of his limo. He saw Marinette walking away from Alya. Normally they would walk together to class. Adrien was a little confused. He walked up to Alya as he grabbed his bags from his limo. "Hey Alya! Aren't Marinette and you always walking together to class?" asked Adrien. "Well, yes. normally we do, but Marinette is acting strange today." answered Alya. Adrien lifted his eyebrow in confusion. He followed Marinette to talk to her. but when Marinette noticed him, she immediantly entered the girls restrooms. Adrien sighed, he just went to class. 

Marinette entered the classroom. Adrien greeted Marinette, but she just waved without making any eyecontact. She sat next to Alya and she immediantly let her head rest on the table. "What is up with you? Normally we walk together to class." said Alya. "I am just tired, Alya." answered Marinette. Her voice was gentle and tired. Alya decided to leave Marinette alone, she already had enough to worry about. Being Ladybug was already enough. Before Marinette could rest, the teacher walked in. There was no other option to stay awake, or else she would be in trouble. During the lessons, Marinette was just blankly staring into space and not paying attention to the lesson. Her thoughts were completely distracting Marinette, causing to not know that she was staring at Adrien the whole time. Suddenly Adrien's head turned. That made Marinette realize that the teacher is calling her name. Marinette snapped out of her thoughts. "Marinette, do you know the answer to exercise 39?" Miss Bustier said. "Oh! i- uhm.. i dont know..." said Marinette while looking down. Miss Bustier nodded as she asked someone else. Marinette let out a sigh in relief as Alya looked at her confused.

"I can see you staring at Adrien, Marinette." said Lila under her breath. She had to take bigger steps. And she already knew how...

During lunch Adrien tried to sit with her, but Marinette kept making lame excuses to get away from him. He had the feeling that she is avoiding him. Those thought made Adrien feel bad. "Did i do something wrong? Does she hate me?" he thought. Marinette was standing across the cafeteria. Suddenly they made eye contact, but it soon ended because Marinette ran away. She hit her head on the door on the way out. Adrien looked dissapointed. But before he could do anything, Nino wrapped her arm around his neck. "Why the long face, dude? Is there something wrong?" He asked. "Did i do something to Marinette?" said Adrien completely out of the blue. Ninos face changed. "Well, uhm. I dont know actually." Nino said. Nino was trying to not reveal that Marinette had a secret crush on him. "You should talk to her!" Nino adviced. Adriens face lit up as he said: "Maybe you are right!" Adrien said.

He went after Marinette, wich led him to the locker rooms. He did not only found Marinette in there, but also Lila. He quickly hid behind the lockers to her the confersation. They were agrueing about something. "You better do what i say, or else the recording will be on the internet before you can even blink." he heard Lila say. Is Lila going to pull one of her lies again? Without thinking he grabbed his phone and clicked on the recording button. "You are going crazy, Lila!" Marinette shouted. "You will be following my lead in everything. And you cannot resist, or you will know what is going to happen." said Lila threatening. Adrien could hear Marinette's gasps. "Okay, ill do what you say!" said Marinette. "Great." Lila said as she walked away proud.  Adrien knew that it was not the right time to talk to Marinette right now. He could not believe that Lila had the nerve to threaten Marinette. Adrien sneaked from behind the lockers to see Marinette. Marinette's tired face made Adrien feel even more bad.