4

~The next day~

Marinette was still avoiding Adrien. "Maybe Lila told her to stay away from her friends?" Adrien thought. "But she was still talking to Alya." He was going to class as Adrien bumped into Marinette out of nowhere. "Oops, sorry Marinette." he apologized. "Its okay." she said nervously. Before Adrien could react, she already fled. Adriens hope of talking to Marinette lowered. " he thought. "What did Lila do to her?" Nino came up to Adrien from behind him. "Did you talk to her yet?" asked Nino. "Well, actually... No. I dont know why, but she is still avoiding me!" Adrien  said as he looked down to his shoes. He really wanted to know why Marinette was avoiding him. But a part of Adrien told him that its was Lila who made her do it. If only Plagg would give him advice, but Plagg won't stop talking about his precious cheese. 

~a week later~

Today will the class going to the Louvre! It has been 5 days since the school announced it. Everyone was looking forward for the school trip. But one thing that made Marinette feel down was that Lila will be going with them. Lila never goes on school trips. Normally she would just make another lie to not go with them. Marinette was sure that Lila had something planned. But  there was no use fighting against it, or else her secret identity will be revealed. 

The moment Marinette walked into the museum, Adrien was walking beside her. A cold shiver went through Marinette's body, as she felt Lila's eyes on her. Marinette wanted to make a lame excuse to get away from Adrien by tieing her shoelaces, but she forgot she did not even have shoelaces. But then Alya called her name out. She sighed in relief as she walked to her best friend. 

~Adriens pov~

"Marinette keeps avoiding me. I really want to talk to her, but i never got the chance." I looked at Lila when we all stopped at the locker rooms to put away our stuff. "I still think that Lila is behind this. I remember Lila threathening Marinette in the locker rooms. I even recorded it!" Then i realized that i have been staring at Lila. "Ugh, that innocent smile."

~nobody's pov~

The teachers devided the class into a few groups. And ofcourse, Marinette is in the same group as Adrien. What makes things even worse is that Lila is also in her group! Adrien was estatic to get a chance to talk to Marinette. But for her it was less good if her secret is on high risk. Especially when Lila kept a eye on them. 

When the group was just looking around, Adrien immediantely took the chance to talk to Marinette. But right before Adrien could even finish his sentence, Lila came between them. Her voice made Adrien jump. He totally did not expect that to happen. As Lila was talking to him all over again, he quickly looked at Marinette, who was now walking at the back. she did not look happy at all. At some point, Marinette excused herself to go somewhere. "This is my chance!" Adrien thought. He also excused himself, and followed Marinette to the elevator. When Marinette entered the elevator, he also entered it. "Marinette!" he said "I really need to talk to you." Adrien finished as the doors closed. Adrien paused when he saw the terrified look in Marinette's eyes. The look on Marinette's face made Adrien feel bad. They both stared at eachother for a minute. Adrien could not help to realize that Marinette's eyes were really beautiful. Her deep blue eyes made Adrien speachless. They both stopped staring when the elevator lights flickered. Before they could react, the elevator stopped working as the lights turned off. Adrien and Marinette tumbeled to ground. The elevator was stuck!

"Marinette? Are you okay?" Adrien asked worried. "Yeah, yeah i am fine!" She answered. It was pitch dark in the small elevator. Marinette was not thinking about Lila's threats anymore, all she could think about was how to get out of here. "Do you have your phone with you?" Marinette asked. "Maybe we could call for help." She hoped that Adrien had his phone, because she left her phone in the locker rooms. "I am sorry, Marinette. I left mine in the locker rooms." he answered. "How do we get out of here?" he continued. Marinette paused. She would ask that question to. What made things even worse, it was pitch black. They could not see anything. 

Marinette and Adrien stood up from the ground. They were holding on the walls for dear life. Without seeing anything, they could not know where they stand. But as soon as Marinette let go of the wall, the elevator suddenly moved down quickly. Causing Marinette to fall down very hard on the floor, hittinh her head on the ground. Causing a loud noise through the elevator. "Ouch!" Marinette shouted in pain. Adrien clearly heard the noise as he said "Are you okay?" He did not know where to look because they could not see anything. Marinette groaned as she sat up with her hands on her head. Adrien waited for answer worried. "Y-yes i am fine." Marinette said, feeling dizzy. Adrien did not believe her, the noise she made was very painful. But he did not wanna bother Marinette with it. 

Nobody noticed the elevator yet. But Marinette and Adrien were still there. They both sat down on the floor, feeling hopeless. What makes things even worse, Marinette was still in pain of the fall. She decided to not tell Adrien anything, she did not wanna make things even more complicated for him. Even tho she felt really dizzy. Nobody knew for how long they sat there. Adrien did not wanna bother Marinette, so he did not bring up her avoiding him.