9

"It's all going to be okay. I promise."

Those words kept repeating in Marinette's mind. It was making Marinette feel more comfortable. But deep inside, she knew all was lost. How is she going to fix this? More tears streamed down her face as she sat in Cat Noir's arms. What was seen cannot be unseen

After some time, Cat Noir and Marinette decided to escape from this place. She did not wanna transform to attract any attention. So she put on a hoodie and a mask to make herself look unrecognizable. Cat Noir brought her to a alleyway. "Did someone knew that you were Ladybug?" he asked. "Lila." Marinette whispered as she looked down. Cat Noir eyes widened. How could Lila do this? He was furious as he clenched his fist. But Marinette grabbed his fist gently. "It has already happened. Revenge will be pointless." she said as she give him a gentle kiss. When he calmed down, she let go of his fist. 

Marinette did not realize that her hoodie and her mask was off. Someone spotted them and immediantely took a picture. "Shoot" said Cat Noir. He quickly took Marinette somewhere else as a huge crowd appeared. 

But when they landed, reporters came running to Marinette. They all started to ask questions about being Ladybug.

"How did you get your Miraculous?" 

"Are you ever going to defeat ShadowMoth?"

"Can i invite you to a interview?"

"Aren't you to young to save Paris?"  They asked

Cat Noir saw that Marinette was overwhelmed and uncomfortable. He quickly pushed the people aside as he walked up to Marinette. "Alright guys, now it is not the right time to ask questions. What about later?" He said to the reporters as he took Marinette. Before the reporters could say anything more, Cat Noir and Marinette were gone. "Maybe i have a idea to fix this. I might not be very handy, but we have no choice." Marinette said as they both landed on top of a building. Cat Noir looked confused at Marinette. "Maybe Scarabella can be the new Ladybug!" she said. Marinette was not looking forward to do this, but there are no other options. "Are you sure, m'lady?" Cat Noir asked. Marinette nodded, looking down. She was going to miss Tikki so much. 

Cat Noir did not wanna leave Marinette alone to give her Miraculous to a new holder. But he cannot know the identity of the new holder. Cat Noir became more worried about her as the longer she stayed away. Eventually Marinette returned with a defeat look on her face. Cat Noir immediantely ran over to Marinette and hugged her. Marinette really needed it, she had lost her Miraculous, Tikki and the Miracle box. 

The sun went down in the horizon as raindrops fall down the sky. Marinette was now walking alone down the street with a hoodie on. Earlier Cat Noir had to go because he had a busy schedule. Marinette opened the door of the bakery to see her parents standing there. They had a worried expression on their face. Her parents immediantely hugged her. 

In the middle of the night, Marinette woke up due a loud crash. Her instincts told her to transform but then she remembered. She is not the holder of the Ladybug Miraculous anymore. "Please, dont fail Alya." she whispered. Marinette looked out of the window. A red figure was already fighting the villain with Cat Noir. She sighed in relief by seeing Scarbella in action. "I hope you know what you are doing." said Marinette.

~Meanwhile with ShadowMoth~ 

"Wait, what?" he shouted. "Marinette is no longer Ladybug anymore?" ShadowMoth let his staff fall. "The Miraculous, i was so close!" He growled in anger as he encouraged the akumatized victim to take the Miraculous.

~Back to Marinette~

After some time, the Miraculous Ladybugs fixed everything. "Alya did it! Did you saw that Tikki?" She expected Tikki to answer her, but then she realized that she was not there. Her eyes filled with tears. She went to bed again as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Marinette layed in her bed for 3 hours without falling asleep. She kept thinking about her Miraculous, Tikki and the other kwamies. She missed the constant talking from the other kwamies. Suddenly she got a text from her phone. It was Lila! 

"This is what you get for ruining my life." The text said.

This made Marinette feel sick. "I can't believe that Lila would do this." she thought. Her eyes filled with tears again. "She is right, my life is ruined." Marinette cried to sleep that night. And would not leave her bed the next day. She was tired and stressed out. Her parents decided to give her a day of from school. 

Marinette stayed in bed the whole morning and afternoon untill Cat Noir showed up. She enjoyed his company, so she let him stay there. They both decided to watch a movie. It was nice for Marinette to have someone beside her. She was leaning on Cat Noir's should with his arm around her. The whole movie they stayed like this. 

After the movie Cat Noir still stayed. He knew Marinette need him. After losing her Miraculous and Tikki, and all the other kwamies, Marinette needs him more than ever. Marinette closed her eyes as she was leaning on his shoulders. It warmed his heart by seeing Marinette comfortable with him. But her moment of rest got disturbed by her phone. Someone was calling her. Marinette quickly bolted up and grabbed her phone. Cat Noir watched Marinette turning on the phone to see who it was. "Unknown Number

~Cat Noir's Pov~

As Marinette answered the call, i sat beside her. I did not expect much from it. It was propably the wrong number. But as the time passed by Marinette face turned into a terrified expression. When she hung up, i asked: "What was it? Are you okay, m'lady?" She opened her mouth but nothing came out. I became more worried for her. "Hey, is there something wrong?" i asked as i gently put my hand on her cheek. "I-It was ShadowMoth!" Marinette stuttered.