11

~Marinette's Pov~

I was waiting for Cat Noir to come. I needed to tell him that i am not telling ShadowMoth Scarabella's secret identity. A few minutes later, i heard a knock on my window. It was Cat Noir. I was happy to see him again as i opened the window. "Hello, princess." he said. I greeted him with a little kiss and led him in my room. 

"I- uhm. Cat Noir, i have to tell you something." i stuttered. Cat Noir clearly noticed how nervous i was. He went up to me and said: "Hey, are you okay?" Cat Noir's worried face made me wanna cry. But i pulled myself together. "I have decided that... I will not tell ShadowMoth Scarabella's secret identity." i said looking down to the ground. I did not want to see his face right now. I dont want to feel even more bad. "But Marinette... You will get hurt!" he said. I felt his hand under my chin, lifting me up to see his face. His sad eyes made me feel guilty. 

"I have no choice, i dont wanna risk Scarabella's identity." i whispered. I saw tears forming into his eyes as he pulled me in for a hug. I could not hold my tears back anymore. 

I dont know anymore how much time had passed. I kept holding on to Cat Noir. My heart felt heavy for telling Cat Noir about what i chose. Sometimes i heard him quitly sobbing. We kept hugging on my bed and i was feeling comfortable with him. 

~Adrien's Pov~

Why is she like this? Why does she have to deal with all of this. This is just unfair. Sometimes i wish i could replace her. Some tears came rolling down my cheek. I felt Marinette sqeezing my hand. She must have heard my sobs. 

Today i did not have a full schedule. I was happy i got the time to stay with Marinette. But now it was starting to get dark. I did not want to go, but Nathalie should check on me any time me. I looked down to see Marinette sleeping. So i hugged her for the last time and jumped out of the window. I was super stressed and tired, causing me to crash into a wall. Keep yourself together, Adrien. And then i went back to my house. I quickly de-transformed before Nathalie was there. After Nathalie checked up on me, i went to bed. But i could not sleep. Plagg tried to comfort me but it did not work. 

~Marinette's Pov~

I woke up in the middle of the night due my phone ringing. It was again an unknown number. Is this ShadowMoth again? I gulped as i answered the phone. "So, are you going to tell Scarabella's secret identity?" ShadowMoth asked. A wave of fear went through my body. My biggest nightmare had come true. But i already decided that i am not going to tell him. I gathered the courage to speak up, but my voice was shaky and fragile. 

Marinette: "No."

I almost regretted my words, but then i thought about Alya if i told him her secret. A moment of silence was on the phone. Every second made me terrified. Is he really going to hurt me? What is about to happen? But after some second of silence ShadowMoth hung up. This made me feel sick. I was scared to death. So i left on a small light as i went to sleep. I was exhausted, that made me fall asleep faster. I had a really bad nightmare as i went to sleep. In the middle of my nightmare i felt a sharp pain in my body, causing me to wake up. But as soon i tried to get up, i could'nt. I still felt the sharp pain from my nightmare. I groaned loudly as i spotted a letter on my other pillow.

"Greatings, former Ladybug. Because you did not tell me Scarabella's secret identity, i hired someone to learn you a lesson. But don't worry, it wont kill you. Atleast, if your still are refusing to tell me her secret identity you are going to face the concequenes. If you don't tell me in a week, you will know what is going to happen" the letter said

This letter made me panick, and the pain is not making things any better. I wanted to scream, but my parents are probably asleep. My eyes filled with tears from pain. I quickly pulled away the blanket to see what it was. There was a huge bloody wound on the side of my stomach. When i lightly touch it, it stings like hell. What am i going to do? Painfull tears rolled down my cheeks. It even hurts when i breath in. 

The light of the morning shined through my window.  I was quitly sobbing in my bed, almost unable to move. I could not tell my parents. They will probably ask what happened. I closed my eyes, but seconds later my mom entered my room. "Hey, why are you not out of your bed yet, sweetie? You are going to be late for school." my mom asked. "I dont feel so well, mom. Can i please just stay home?" i answered. My mom agreed since my voice was so fragile and weak. 

~Adrien's Pov~

I walked to the entrance of the school. I eventually slept this night, but it was not very much. I spotted Alya and Nino standing at the doors. Marinette was not there. Is she still going to come? I greeted Alya and Nino. They started to walk away expecting me to follow them. "Hey, are we not going to wait for Marinette?" i asked. "Oh, i thought you knew. Marinette is sick today, so she will not come." Alya answered. Is this a coincidence? Is she not coming because she is sick, or does this have to do with ShadowMoth? I hoped that it was just nothing, but i still wanted to check up on her after school. 

During lunch i decided to sit alone. Just to get some rest from everything. But my peace got destroyed by Lila sitting right next to me. Ugh, what does she want? First, she threatened Marinette, and then she tried to convince everyone that Marinette was the bad guy. For some reason, Lila decided to sit really close to me. It made me a little uncomfortable.

Lila: "Why are you sitting alone, dont you have friends?"

Adrien: "Why do you care?"

I tried to be as nice as possible, but i could not after what she had done to the girl i love. Again, Lila sat some closer. Is she doing this on purpose? I shoved a bit aside to got some personal space. "Listen, i really did not mean to hurt Marinette. Can you please forgive me?" Lila asked. Forgive Lila? She really thinks that i could forgive that lying snake? Her eyes looked into mine. "Why would you think i will ever forgive you?" i said with anger. 

Lila's innocent expression dropped. I could never forgive her. Her face was closer to mine. "Oh please, i know you are just defending Marinette to have a good reputation." she said. Wait what? Lila was slowly leaning in. Wait stop! I was backed away from her as far as possible, causing me to fall of my chair. Everyone's eyes was straight on me. I felt super uncomfortable as i stood up. Quickly i ran out of the cafeteria, feeling bad. 

"What was that all about?" asked Plagg. I was completely silence. Do i need to tell this to Marinette. Is she ever going to forgive me? "Hey, earth to Adrien!" Plagg shouted. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts. "Huh?" i said.

~Marinette's Pov~

It was hard to sleep with a lot of pain. So i just kept staring at the wall. It felt like time stopped. But a few minutes later after school, i heard a loud knock on my window. I knew that it was Cat Noir, and i was happy with that. He always makes me feel comfortable. "Come in." i said weakly as i was facing the wall. "M'lady?" Cat Noir said as he opened the window. I wanted to turn my head but i did not. Suddenly i felt something heavy on the other side of my bed. A hand was resting on my shoulder. "How are you feeling? I heard you were sick today." Cat Noir asked. His voice was calm. "Cat Noir... I am not quite sick. It is just something else." i answered in a weak and shaky voice.

"What is it?" asked Cat Noir. I hesitated but i decided to tell him the truth. I pushed myself up to a sitting position, causing the blanket to shove away. A huge bloody wound on the side of my stomach was revealed. I heard Cat Noir's gasps as i was looking down. "H-how did this happen! Who did this?" he asked. "ShadowMoth" i whispered. I could not read his face expression. All i could see was shock and sadness. I felt guilty. I should have been more careful. I am such a fool!

Cat Noir helped me with putting on the bandages. It felt much better now ever since Cat Noir came. We watched a movie, we talked, and we played videogames this day. And my wound felt better and not as painful as when i woke up. After a while he had to go. I kissed him goodby and he left. I decided to go to bed. This has been a long day.