Chapter 16

The dream is a blue mirage in the desert
A priori from deep inside of me

Zendaya pov 

You and Jimmy's friendship grew stronger after you celebrated your 21st birthday with family and close friends. The requirement for your official dating is that he creates his Tarnished status, and you must avoid triggering the intimacy ritual, which will alert the system's moral code workers.

Jimmy was reluctant to acknowledge that you had received a soul mark rather than a tarnished branding. He hoped and prayed for it. A tarnished brand that would have freed you to love and date anyone. He can't understand that the girl he loves legally belongs to someone else out there, and she could meet him at any time, anywhere. It could be anyone who takes her away from him.

He just hopes she doesn't run into him for another few years. He only needs his Tarnished reputation for her to be free to date him, but any reactivation of the intimacy bond could land them both in hot water. In the system database, she is now marked as new.

No one will be able to love her as deeply as he does. After she harassed Zendaya, he and his true soulmate are only on friendly terms. He didn't want to be around her. He will be present at the birth of his first child, but he will not abandon Zendaya, even if she meets her soulmate. He will always be in love with her.

Some of your friends have roles in films that will be shown at the Venice Film Festival.

You haven't been to Italy since last year, but this year it will be for pleasure and not for modeling assignments.

Your model friends are overjoyed with the progress of your new relationship, and they all expect Jimmy to pop the cherry or propose marriage to you, but it's still forbidden. To get your strings and settle the bond, you must first meet your soulmate, activate the bond, and then complete the bond. Then, if you're yellow or blue, string it.

 You can still apply for tarnished status if you want, but only if you passed the system's test in living without your soulmate for a month or more without experiencing any long-term consequences.

You were just secretly laughing, knowing you'd already lost your innocence with the famous BTS Maknae. You couldn't be happier that you didn't fall pregnant as a result of your passionate night with Jungkook. It would have been the scandal of the year. You'd never be able, to tell the truth about the baby's father. Your overprotective parents will be so disappointed. Jimmy would be devastated, but he would be the last to speak up because he slept with his soulmate while you were supposed to date.

You were alone in your penthouse, sitting at a small table with your mother's diary to go over your schedules for the next day. You have the day off today and want to unwind and reflect. She left the diary for you to copy the dates into your electronic diary. You sigh deeply, a little fatigued. You need a vacation. desperately

Your agency scheduled you for a fashion shoot and an interview with Fashion Magazine for their winter 'cover star' on Thursday morning. You have an interview with Elle Magazine at noon. You need to ask your mom about that. The whole fashion world is buzzing with the new soul-marked model.

You have a lunch date with your mom—it's your turn to choose a coffee shop.

*Venice visa collection; fortunately, Jimmy has already booked you into the Capriane Hotel. He knows you both, so he booked you both an executive suite next to each other.

Tommy wants to work with you again on design collaboration. You are all for it.

*Complete all of your assignments as soon as possible so that you can graduate.