Chapter 20

You are the cause of my euphoria

Close the door now

Zendaya pov: Part 5

The following weeks were packed with photoshoots for Bulgari. You secured an exclusive feature showcasing the exquisite jewels of the renowned design house.

You and Jimmy have had hectic schedules for a few days now. He was caught up with the NFL seasonal games, keeping him occupied until January, when the season concludes. Despite his offers to take you to Busan, spend time in his new penthouse in San Francisco, or even contemplate buying an apartment in Manhattan near you, you declined.

Your mum felt uneasy about Jimmy's persistent desire to be closer to you. He called you daily while playing in the different states. She worried he might suffocate you, especially after the recent disagreement about your friendship with the BTS maknae. You couldn't fathom why he was so clingy lately.

Your soulmark has been causing extreme discomfort since returning from Venice. You had a gut feeling that your soulmate might have become aware of you, possibly seeing you in magazines, interviews, or on various entertainment shows.

The schedules of the social circle were also jam-packed. Kendall and her soulmate went on a trip to the Bahamas. Kylie was occupied with her sister Khloe, spending quality time with her baby and soulmate while hunting for a new mansion.

Bella invited you and Gigi to the annual Victoria's Secret Event and the after-party. She was one of the angels. No wonder she is regarded as the world's most beautiful woman.

 No wonder she is regarded as the world's most beautiful woman

You were pleasantly surprised to meet mutual friends there. The Legends, Tom Holland and Selena, the entertainer for the evening, rocked the event.

Afterwards, you decided to relax for a few days as your body felt exhausted. With the Christmas season approaching and winter already underway, your dad had booked a ski trip to Switzerland for the family.

You'd reconnect with your twin stepsisters, who were returning from their studies at a Scottish boarding school. Jimmy wasn't thrilled because he wanted you to visit him during the holiday season and attend some games, but you were too tired.

Gigi was home alone and invited you to spend the day with her and Bella at Zayn's apartment. You missed the squad and hoped your schedules would lighten up for your lunch dates. For three weeks, work kept you occupied with different projects.

Opting for a super casual look with loose denim jeans, silver-white high heels, and a cute vintage gold top revealing a bare midriff, you still had some straight extensions in your hair from a recent Louis Vuitton commercial. Thankfully, the November temperatures were mild, with just a gentle breeze outside.

You remembered to bring your warm fur coat in case the air turned too cold. Your bodyguard stood nearby holding your pricey handbag, a gift from Jimmy, and your white fur coat.