𝒐𝒏𝒆, paradise

ONE

There is no way you don't like me.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

AVA THROWS HER BROTHER'S ARM OFF HER SHOULDER before scrambling up the ladder onto the scaffolding surrounding the half built house. She plants herself on the edge, legs swinging below with her elbows resting on the fence in front. Ignoring JJ and John ab's arguing, she looks around at Tanny Hill.

It was Kiara's idea to come and scope out the houses and make sure that the Kooks are doing their part for the environment. It's fair to say they're most definitely not. All that money in their pockets and they don't have a decent enough mind to help the planet survive.

"Ava, I'll think you'll find that's my seat," JJ calls up to her, his eyes narrowed as the sun shines into his eyes.

She rolls her eyes, "JJ, I think you'll find you don't own this house, let alone this seat," She takes a sip from her beer can, "And you have a hat on your head for a reason, turn it around and wear it properly for once and it might actually do it's job."

While John B clambers onto the peak of roof with Pope grilling him, JJ blows air into his cheeks, climbing up the ladder and sliding beside Ava with a smirk as she stares at him in annoyance.

He winks, taking her beer can from her hands and downing the rest of the contents, "Thank you," He sings happily, enjoying the pissed look displayed on her face.

Taking a deep breath, Ava turns away, staring off into the distant, watching as the sun slowly creeps closer to the ocean's horizon. JJ watches her for a moment before turning his red cap around with a huff.

The pair have known each other since third grade, when John B decided to become best friend's with the blondie. Ava was left having to follow around her brother and his friend. After a few years, JJ decided she wasn't as weird as her brother painted her to be and actually let her join in on their best friend activities, much to John B's distaste.

JJ Maybank and Ava Routledge became quite the pair in twelve years; ruining Kooks and their friend's lives together, creating absolute chaos through the whole of Outer Banks and most importantly smoking a shit ton of weed together.

But, most of the time outsiders struggle with deciding whether the two actually like each other or if they're just pretending to get along because of John B. Even the rest of the Pogues get confused sometimes. Though now, most people have learned just simply not get involved in their affairs.

JJ Maybank's been denying feelings for Ava since they were about seven, and it's her favourite hobby to tease him, whereas she's always faced the same problem. Hundreds of girls have asked her if she's fucking JJ, and the answer is always the same 'That's disgusting. No. He's all yours.', and the chick will hop along happily towards the blonde.