𝒆𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏, scuba

ELEVEN

That was some badass shit.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

         JOHN B MANAGED TO GET THE tanks and scuba gear, but spared his close friends the details of exactly how he managed to get past his entitled Kook boss. The five Pogues were quick to rush through the marsh, anchoring the boat directly over the wreck.

Ava sits crossed legged on the bow, eyes slowly growing wide as she reads the meter connected to one of the oxygen tanks in front of her, "This is empty," Her head raises to her brother, who's staring back at her in shock, "You took empty tanks, you idiot."

John B's jaw drops and for a moments he stands immobile, before his hands run through his messy hair, "Shit."

"Mhm," Ava hums, pushing the empty tank away from herself, "Shit indeed."

"Hey," Kiara calls, tap her finger against the meter joined to the other tank, "This is a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

Pope groans, sitting back in the chair behind the wheel, "Love it when a plan comes together."

"Does anybody know how to dive?" Kiara asks, glancing around the group with hopeful eyes.

Ava opens her mouth to reply, but a hands slowly slips over her mouth, silencing her. With furrowed brows, she glances up beside her to see JJ beaming down at her, his hand clamped over her lips as he shakes his head.

He glances away from her, his hand finally dropping form her face, hoping she got the idea not to volunteer herself, "It's kind of a Kook sport," He shrugs.

"I— I read about it," Pope states quietly.

"Great, Pope read about it," Kiara rolls her eyes, "So someone's gonna die."

JJ moves away from Ava's side to Pope's and motions to the tank on the floor at Kie's feet in front of him, "Look, you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard can it be? I could do it."

"Well, if you come up too fast nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends." Pope explains, glaring sternly up at the blonde boy.

"Bends like. . ." JJ's hand wraps around the metal bar over the steering wheel before he sticks his ass out, "Bend over—"

Pope's jaw clenches, "The bends kill you."

"Right," JJ coughs out, straightening up and awkwardly fixing his hats placement, "Got it."