𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆, motel

FIVE

Ava Routledge is a master deceiver.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

              AFTER FAILING TO SPEAK to the Coast Guards at the docks about the wreck, the Pogues took it upon themselves to investigate. As the motel comes into sight before them, JJ whistles at the state of the building and it's surroundings. A whole tree has completed collapsed over the courtyard, crushing several boats by the dock. The walls are green, presumably from flooded water and windows have been shattered.

"And I thought the Chateau looked bad," JJ sighs, squinting against the sun at the rundown building.

"This place is a shit show," John B mumbles, rolling his shoulders back as the boat begins to slow.

"Motel or meth lab?" Kiara jokes, her face screwed up in disgust.

Pope glances over at her, "You be the judge."

"Doesn't look like a place someone with a Grady-White stays," John B states.

Ava hums in agreement, "Probably because they spent all their money at the boat, and had no choice but to live in this shithole."

JJ steps up to the bow, peering down into the water as the boat pulls up to land, "Alright, here we go," He directs, "This is your captain speaking, HMS Pogue coming in for landing," He imitates a crackling radio, his hands cupping his mouth as he jumps off and ties the boat drown.

John B flicks the engine off, "We good?"

"Yeah, we good," JJ confirms, holding his hand up for Ava to take as she jumps off the boat, sending him a thankful nod which he returns with a wink, earning a shove in the shoulder from her.

"Hey," Pope clicks his fingers, quickly grabbing Ava's attention and she leans towards him as he speaks, "Don't let them do anything stupid."

"I can't promise anything?" She smirks, shrugging, "Wild beasts, the both of them. I'd need to be a dog taker to keep them under wraps."

JJ narrows his eyes as his mouth falls open. He begins to shake his head and wags his finger at Pope, "Right, what is it with everyone, literally the whole island, thinking that she is a golden girl? Pope, when was the last time you heard her be sincerely, not sarcastically, nice to someone? Hm?" He tilts his head and raises his eyebrows, earning no response and he throws his arms into the air, "Exactly. Ava Routledge is a master deceiver."