𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, talk

NINETEEN

❝ I loved you too, Rafe! ❞

*ೃ༄

WHILE THE GIRLS talk with guard, the boys are squatted behind a wood beam in the distance, watching from afar. JJ's fingers tap rhythmically on the surface, his mind still full with Ava and him both admitting their feelings for one another. He can't help by feel like something is eating away at him, maybe it's the fact that he's managed to fall in love with his brother's twin sister. At the thought, he turns his head slightly to look at John B, not wanting to know what he'll think when he finds out.

"How's it going with Kiara?" JJ questions, desperate to distract his thoughts from how much his best friend is going to hate him.

"It's not awkward, weird, or anything," John B replies with a simple shrug, his eyes never leaving the girls.

"Honestly, I did not think you were gonna actually listen to me," The blonde snickers, "First time for everything, I guess."

John B's head snaps in his direction quickly, "What?"

"I was a hundred percent sure she was into you, bro," JJ laughs, "Pope and Ava would agree."

Pope's face pulls up slightly as he thinks about it before shrugging, "Uh. . . Ava might agree, not sure about me."

JJ ignores him, keeping his drama greedy eyes on his best friend, "So, like, Kie, she, like, definitely gave you the Heisman?" He rambles.

"Oh, no question," He nods his head, "Yup."

"Gotcha," Pope hums, "Maybe she's just into someone else."

JJ's eyes float slowly over to the girls, and he watches as Kiara leads the guard over to their car. His mind drifts off and the corners of his mouth lift just at the sight of Ava. She's scowling at the guard as seen as the older man has his back to her, but the very second he turns around to face her, her hard pissed-off expressions lifts into a soft smile.

The voice of his best friend cuts him out of his voice, "So, how's my sister?" John B questions. He'd just seen how JJ had been gawking and grinning at his sister. He'd have to be blind to not notice it.

JJ's jaw ticks before he slowly turns to face him, "What do you mean, man?"

"Bro, it's obvious," John rolls his eyes, "She likes you."

JJ shuffles uncomfortably before shrugging, "We're just friends, dude. I know how bothered you are about me and her getting together."