𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, distraction

THIRTEEN

I'm John's sister, you dumb fucks.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

"—AND WE WERE RIGHT outside like this," JJ slams his back against the wall while explaining to Pope and Kiara the events at Ms Lana's home, "And all we hear is Bam! Bam! Bam! Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside, alright? And I'm just looking at them like— wait, first off," He steps forward, flipping his hair over and scratching his hand through it, causing paint to drop to the porch floorboards.

Kiara leans back slightly, her feet narrowly dodging the small particles, "That's dandruff, disgusting."

"It's paint!" He argues, eyes snapping to the other girl leant against a beam, "Ava, could really use some help here."

She nods slowly as her friends look over their shoulders at her, "It's paint," She confirms.

"See!" He sighs, returning to the story, "But at that point, I was just, like. . . I'm waiting for death."

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope questions, repositioning his hat and completely dismissing most of the gibberish that the blonde had just relayed to him.

"Yeah," JJ pants.

"Did you get a good description of them? What did they look like?" Pope asks, "Anything we can bring to a police report."

"Burly," The blonde states.

Pope gawks at him, "Burly?"

"Yeah," He nods, "You know, like—"

"That's not very helpful," Kiara groans, pinching the bridge of her nose in frustration.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage," JJ rushes, "I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers. I can tell you with full confidence, these boys, these killers—" He lights a blunt and takes a quick puff before continuing, "—they're square groupers."

"They're square groupers, like, narco square grouper?" Pope rubs a hand over his face, "Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?"

"Yeah, man," JJ nods quickly. He steps forward beside Ava, passing the blunt to her and she sends him a thankful nod before having a few drags.

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie," Kiara grumbles.

"What does the square grouper look like specifically?" Pope ignores the girl and turns more to JJ.