𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏, the tape

SEVENTEEN

You think I gave your brother a black eye because I don't care about you?

 ❝ You think I gave your brother a black eye because I don't care about you? ❞

*ೃ༄

      THE POGUES finally arrived back to the Chateau after a drive that consisted of John B bouncing up and down in his seat with excitement while Ava just stared at the envelope beside her on the seat. It only addressed her brother, which saddened her slightly to say the least. She expected her father to at least put the effort into putting her name on the envelope too.

Now, Ava's sat on the kitchen counter beside JJ, who's making a sandwich. He raises his head to look up at her face, immediately noticing how her eyes are burning into the skin of her lap while her index finger taps on her thigh anxiously.

He nudges her gently, quickly snapping her away from wherever she had gone, "You good? You want a PB and J?"

She swallows thickly, slightly surprised he had put the effort in to speak to her first. As she goes to nod her head in acceptance, her eyes land on the bread he's swiping his knife across.

"JJ," She states, "That's mouldy as shit. That bread has been left out for almost a week."

He shrugs, focussing more in making sure the amount of each ingredient is even and he completely ignores the green littering the loaf.

Pope walks past, stopping by the kitchen when he notices what JJ is preparing, "That bread had mould on it three days ago."

JJ waves him off, finishing off the sandwich, "I'll just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mould is good for you. It's just a natural organism."

"Who told you that?" Ava chuckles, dropping from the counter and making her way over to the small table in the living room, where the rest of the group are crowded.

"I don't know. I swear someone did. . . I think," He follows after her, taking a bite into the disgusting bread.

Ava slips down into a seat before turning around to him, snorting when she watches him gag before coughing up the chewed food into his hand. He rushes back to the kitchen to get rid of the remains, while she rolls her eyes.

"We warned you," Pope and Ava call in unison, and JJ can only muster a groan of disgust in response before standing behind John B, his face still pulled up in a slight grimace.

John lays out the contents of the envelope quickly, his hands shaking and eyes flowing over everything rapidly. In front of them is a map with a few scribbles over it, causing the group to lean in and inspect it.