𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, beach fight

EIGHT

I dare you. Say it.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

"HEY, HEY, HEY. SARAH!" Ava's able to recognise the voice immediately, and from her seat in the sand, she turns to glance over her shoulder, noticing JJ try and shove a cup of beer into Sarah Cameron's hands.

Quickly, Ava's rushing to stand up before she's jogging over, stepping beside her brother with crossed arms while the twins watch JJ drunkenly speak to the Kook Princess and her preppy boyfriend, Topper Thornton.

"Sarah, can I interest you in— in a tasty Milwaukee beverage?" JJ waves the cup in front of the girl, the alcohol inside jumping over the side and falling to the sand at their feet.

"No, thanks, JJ," She declines politely with a small smile as she sends him a kind nod.

Taking her words the wrong way, JJ tilts his head as he raises his voice, "Is it not fancy enough for you?"

"No. We were just leaving," Sarah continues to speak kindly towards the drunk boy, trying to hide her surprise at his stern tone.

The twins turn their heads, peering over at each other with wide eyes and a small smirk on their face at the drama when Topper steps in.

"Hey, you know what? I'll take it," Topper speaks up, holding his hand out, "I'll— thank you, man. I appreciate it," Hd reaches forward, attempting to grab the drink, but JJ moves back swiftly, nearly stumbling and Ava's hand comes to his back, keeping him in place.

"That's nice. But I didn't ask you," JJ snarls, "If you said pretty please, maybe, but you didn't."

"Oh, pretty please," The Kook boy repeats with a nod of understanding before pouting and tilting his head like a child, "Pretty please?"

"Yeah," JJ grimaces at the boy, before averting his gaze back the girl at Topper's side, "So, Sarah, you can have it." He extends his arm once more, offering it to the girl, but Topper's hand shoots forward, flipping the cup from the blonde's hands, causing the liquid to spill right over Ava's chest.

"Just fucking christ, Top," Ava snaps angrily, dropping her hand from JJ's back to feel her soaking t-shirt with a grimace.

JJ's head turns to look at Ava, and his eyes linger for several moments on the wet patch seeping through her shirt, before he's lunging towards the Kook boy. His fists curl around Topper's collar, but he's shoved away before he has a chance to land a hit.