𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, wreck

FOUR

Diver down, fool.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

SLIDING HER SUNGLASSES FURTHER DOWN HER NOSE to peer over the top, Ava spots Pope working on the dock as the boat beings so slow slightly. JJ's stood directly behind Ava on the bow, her body resting back on his legs while he waves at Pope with a smile.

"Well, look who we have here," John B teases, trying his hardest to mimic Donald Duck while his finger tap on the steering wheel.

"Hey, Pope," Ava smiles, sending him a small wave which he returns with a nod while JJ whistles happily.

"We have a safety meeting. Attendance mandatory," John's hands cup his lips while he imitates a walkie-talkie the best he can.

"I can't," Pope groans, leaning on his sweeping broom, "My pop's got me on lockdown."

"Come on, man," JJ throws his arms in the air before mimicking a static noise, "Your dad's a pussy, over."

Heyward marches over to stand beside Pope, his expression hard as he glares over at his son's friends, "Oh, I heard that, you little bastard."

"Hey, Heyward," Ava calls.

The older man's eyes drop down to the girl, and he can't help but return her smile, "Nice to see you, Ava. Still stuck with these boys, I see."

Heyward has known Ava since her brother and her were born. It's no secret that he has a soft spot for the girl, giving her discounts on her purchases because he knows they struggle and when Pope and her became close friends, he was happy that his son had a least on 'responsible' friend. Pope will frequently make jokes about how his father prefers Ava to his own son, but most of the time he isn't joking. Heyward still has yet to know about the havoc that Ava and JJ cause on a daily basis.

Ava hums in agreement, screwing her face up as she gazes around at her friends, "Yeah, sadly. Think I'll be stuck with them for a while longer."

Taking offence, JJ slowly turns to her twin brother, his eyebrows scrunching while he mouths, "Is she talking about us?"

Just as confused, John B shrugs, mouthing back, "I don't have a clue."

"We need your son," Ava gleams over happily at Heyward, "Like right now. It's deadly important."

"Yeah, and island rules," JJ adds quickly, his hands falling onto his hips as he stares at the dock at Pope's strict father, "Day after a hurricane is a free day."