𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, storm surge

THREE

We could have sex right now,
and no one would know.

*ೃ༄

*ೃ༄

          "HURRICANE AGATHA continues it's steady march towards Kildare Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina," The news lady's voice carries from the TV and over the crowd, causing everyone but the twins to groan.

Instead, John and Ava let out a sigh of relief, slowly turning to face one another in triumph. They both smile, raising their hands to high five each other.

"Holy shit," John B breaths, stepping backs lightly and muttering a small apology to the upset lady he accidentally bumped.

"It's our lucky day," Ava smirks.

He hums in agreement, before curling his hand around Ava's wrist and dragging her away from the TV screen and shoving gently through the crowd onto the quiet dock. After running a hand through his hair, he slips his phone from his pocket, raising his head to look at Ava.

"What's their number?" He bites his lips, his thumbs hovering over the phone screen.

Rolling her eyes in disbelief, Ava snatches the phone from his grasp and enters the phone number she's been forced to call every week for checkups. He sends a weak smile as he takes the phone before ringing the number, quickly putting it on speaker and holding it between their heads as they both lean closer.

"Department of Child Services. How can I help up?"

John B smirks, swallowing thickly before explaining, "Yeah, uh, I think we're probably gonna have to reschedule," Once again, he holds his hand up and Ava gives him a joyful high five while he lays off their information to the child services worker.

Ever since their father went missing at sea, the twins have been living by themselves in the Chateau, no adult present ever. Originally, their Uncle Tony was supposed to be caring for them as he's their only remaining family, but he never bothered stopping by to help his brother's children and stayed on the mainland to sell fish.

Shoving his phone back into his pocket, John B rolls his shoulders back with relief, "That should keep them off our asses a little longer," He throws his arm around his sisters neck, leading her towards the parked up Twinkie, "We can enjoy our summer, and maybe you can finally get laid."

Running her tongue over her teeth, Ava shoves him away, sending him stumbling as he laughs and she glares at him unamused.

"John, when was the last time you even spoke to a girl besides Kie and I?" She raises her brow, tilting her head in questioning and he falls silent as she returns to her side, "That's what I thought."