✧𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑘 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑚𝑦 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔✧𝑅𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑎

1287 words                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were knocked out of your sleep by the sound of a thunderous rumbling.

"Relax, my dear," It took a moment to reorient yourself. You had fallen asleep using Ririka's thighs as your pillow, her vermilion blazer covering a portion of your body. Ririka softly glanced over at you, "It was just thunder."

You slowly sat up, looking into her dark cobalt blue eyes, they were as soft as ever.

Just thunder?

The empty Momobami estate you had stayed in had several windows that allowed you to see out into the night air, you could see some flashes here and there, but the thunder was few and far between.

"A-are you ok?" Ririka asked, caressing your cheek with her thumb as your eyes flitted around.

You nodded, you were fine.

You took her blazer off your body, giving it back to her so she wasn't just shirtless. Folding your legs under you, you stretched your arms upwards, the wooden slab you had been laying on was anything but comfortable, but you managed to fall asleep anyway.

Ririka observed you carefully, as she had been for the past two and a half hours as you slept. Eyes alternating between her paperwork and your sleeping figure. It was the first time you were allowed out of Hyakkaou Private Academy in several months, so you being alarmed by the sound of thunder wasn't concerning to her, Since Ririka kept you in a room underneath the academy you weren't exposed to any intense weather.

"D-do you need anything? Water?" Ririka questioned.

You shook your head no.

She sighed, deciding to stop asking you questions when she knew you weren't going to speak anyway.

It had been like this for two months.

"Y/n?"

You were frozen in place, the sight of the man who just attempted to kidnap you dead on the floor made you scream. Even more so with his blood all over Ririka's mask.

You couldn't tell if it was from your shock from your own wounds, or if it was how you just watched Ririka practically kill him with no hesitation.

You couldn't form a single coherent sentence after that.

Ririka carefully observed over time as your behavior changed, you were so intransigent before, akin to a wild animal that could not be tamed. Now, you were docile, silent, helpless and fragile.

You stopped eating as much, never touching the breakfast or lunch that she offered, only eating a handful of food at dinner, no dessert.

Sleep was few and far between, you often jolted out of bed thinking someone was coming back to hurt you, so naps like the one you had just taken were a blessing in disguise for both you and Ririka.

You couldn't even stand the thought of gambling anymore. Likewise, anyone moving too fast made you flinch and cower, you thought they were going to grab you like the men did that night.

Ririka also noticed how dependent you had become because of it. Despite her technically being your first captor and stalker, the men coming for you that night scared you so badly you stopped resenting her. Whenever you were allowed, you draped yourself over her, enjoying the safety of her arms and allowing her to embrace you, a moment that Ririka will cherish forever. You silently pleaded to be taken out of your basement room so you could sleep with her, something that Ririka had patiently waited a year for. You made yourself as small as possible, curling up against her most nights, although you didn't sleep much, Ririka was overjoyed to have you so close to her.

As time passed by, you became weak and frail. Any muscle tone you had disappeared with your appetite and hyper vigilance, you hadn't gambled in about a year now, so you were just a lump of...nothing.

Ririka really couldn't complain, she went from your kidnapper and stalker to your safety, that was all she could really ask for.

You hadn't paid attention to the mildness of the weather at home, but for some reason, the rain that started to drizzle outside was calling out your name.

Standing up, you eyed the window, then the large open doorway on the other side of the room. The smell of the night air was beckoning, rain like this wasn't common around Ririka's luxurious house, but it reminded you of home.

You slowly started inching towards the door, surprised that you weren't ordered to come back.

In reality, Ririka was watching your every move, with her mask covering her entire face once more, ready to jump up to get you should anything happen. When you were only feet away from the door, Ririka moved to get you, but she just held up a firm stance. Sitting back down to observe, waiting, watching.

It wasn't like you to go this far.

You stood in front of the doorway now, only inches away from the pouring rain. The wet grass, a vibrant green even in the night, beckoned to be touched. The night air was warm and smelled sweet.

You stuck your hands out in the rain, letting several fat droplets of water collect in your hand. The summer air had warmed the rain, creating a pleasant feeling on your skin.

Ririka was surprised but allowed you to continue, it had been a while since you had gained any confidence in yourself. It was refreshing to see.

You hesitated as you took your shoes and socks off, leaving them at the doorway and taking a step out into the rain.

You gazed up at the sky, a mixture of rain and night air hitting your face. You hummed happily, smiling as the rain-drenched your clothes and hair.

Ririka smiled as she sauntered toward you, you were digging your toes into the wet grass, holding your palms upward so you could feel the rain.

She slowly leaned against the estate door, her eyes still fixated on you as you stood there, you were completely drenched, but that didn't matter to you.

"My love," Ririka beckoned, gaining your attention. She held her hand out to you, "You should come in now, you're soaked. You wouldn't want to catch a cold now, would you?"

You frowned, looking back down at the rain collecting on your hands.

For the first time in months, Ririka heard you speak.

"But love, it's all so pretty." You hummed, smiling at the rain.

Ririka was shocked, not only did you finally speak, but you were smiling...the same smile that made her fall so deep in love.

You grabbed her hand gently, tugging on it to guide her out into the rain. Ririka relented, for your sake, your eyes locked in hers.

You looked up at the sky, "See?"

She looked up too, marveling at you found something so simple as rain to be pretty.

"Yes darling, I see now," She replied, wanting to keep you content, "I didn't know you enjoyed the rain so much."

You softly hummed, still staring up at the warm midnight sky.

Ririka watched a certain light come back to your eyes, one she had not seen in such a long time, one that she missed so dearly. It was refreshing to see that sparkle of curiosity and wonder painted on your face once more, especially when she thought you would never find your happiness again.

She cupped your face gently, wanting you to look at her. Your gaze was soft, but hers was intensely somber, almost too much for you to bear the weight of.

"Can I please kiss you?" She asked quietly.

Your eyes flitted down to her lips before nodding.

Ririka's lips face you warmth in the lukewarm rain, your hands rested on her wrists as they held your face, keeping you afloat.

As soft as her kiss was passionate, you smiled against her lips, "Pretty."

"Pretty?" Ririka echoed, not understanding you the first time.

You nodded, "Pretty."

She smiled, wrapping her arm around you, now completely soaked as well, "Thank you, my darling."