✧𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑎 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒✧𝑅𝑖𝑟𝑖𝑘𝑎

746 words
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ririka stared at you. She knew it was rude if not creepy, yet she kept on doing it. She could feel a blush creeping from her neck to her pale cheeks. You were simply the most breath taking thing she'd ever laid her lifeless eyes on and you were in one of the gambling dens. Her favorite hiding spot. She wanted nothing more than go strike up a conversation with you, but she wasn't all that good at talking to pretty girls. And you were the just...one of the prettiest.

She didn't know what to do, so when she saw you starting to leave she started freaking out internally. She thought for a moment. Hmm following her could be a good idea. So she did. She followed you discreetly around the Academy until it was time to go home. She observed your every movement, memorizing the pattern of your perfect body. She watched as you placed your books in your locker and started to take out your bag. She heard you curse under your breath and she noticed you had dropped your book right in front of her. She looked at the wallet with wide eyes and quickly bent down to pick it up carefully in between her thumb and index finger, inspecting it briefly, then turning back to face you.

Your eyes locked and her heart beat erratically in her chest. She's never experienced anything like this, she didn't know how to react. She could feel her knees starting to tremble, her stomach erupting with butterflies and her cheeks heated up once again. However, she kept her composure and awkwardly handed you your book back.

Her heart stopped.

You smiled at her, a smile brighter than the moon and stars. She almost wanted to smile back. You were so beautiful and you were smiling at her. She couldn't process anything. If she wasn't overthinking it, the chance of a girl like you even giving a second glance to a woman like her would be 0.1%. Well, in this case she would be part of that 0.1%, if you think about it.

You thanked him for handing you your bag and turned back to the exit of the Academy. Everything felt like it was in slow motion to her. She kept on observing you, your side profile. Your perfect nose, the fullness of your pink lips, your long eyelashes, that framed those beautiful (e/c) eyes. Her eyes started to trail down to your body, stopping at the curve of your rear— she felt like a pervert....but perhaps she was.

She felt sadness wash over her when she saw you making your way to leave the Academy.

Please don't go.

She wanted to say something, anything, to make you stay here longer, but she didn't. Instead, she dropped her mask on the floor and decided to keep following you outside the Academy. This was so unlike her. But what on earth could she say? She's never felt this way before. Perhaps that's why she was so curious about the person who made her feel like it. She actually liked the feeling, a lot, and she never wanted it to fade away whatsoever. And for that to happen she had to have you by her side at all times.

She shook his head. This was preposterous. She literally just met —saw— you a few minutes ago and she's already implying she could be in love with you?! She knew it was rather ridiculous and abnormal, but she loved the fuzzy feeling you gave her. She felt like you filled the empty parts of her heart. It was rollercoaster of emotions for her.

From that day on she kept stalking you, learning everything about you. In the mean time, she discovered that were actually very smart and you aspired to be a top tier gambler in the Academy. Her heart fluttered at the idea of you gambling by her side. She wondered if you knew about her. Did you admire her? Did you follow her gamblings? If that was the case she was going to work harder just to impress you further.

She learned about all your likes and dislikes and would go out to snap pictures of you at any chance she got. She was sure what she felt for you was love. She just had to have you and make you her alone.

And whoever got in her way...

Hah..not a chance...