4.

Casey's Pov
I'm not able to contain my excitement when I see my favourite movie. Scarlett and Miss Olsen stop talking so I look up at them over my shoulder. Scarlett has been really kind to me so far, but I don't trust her completely. Something seems off.

It doesn't help that her voice sounds very familiar.

I do trust Miss Olsen. She even handed me her coat when I was cold. I saw the goosebumps on her skin while we were walking home, so she must have been cold without a coat as well, but she didn't take it back.

I hear Scarlett laugh loudly as she sits down beside me. Miss Olsen lets out a chuckle as well. "Really? You want to watch that one?" Scarlett asks with raised eyebrows. I nod frantically as I hand Miss Olsen the remote control. She flashes a wide grin in Scarlett's direction before pressing play.

"Would you like some chips?" She asks me as she hands me a bowl full of chips. I nod as I take it onto my lap, chuckling as the minion screams "Illumination" but I know the movie only gets better from here.

Dylan played it for me in the bookstore last year, he set up his laptop at my favourite spot and played this movie. I love animals and I love music, so you can imagine how much I love singing animals.

Miss Olsen blows on my hot chocolate before handing it to me. She also gently removes a bit of hair from my face as I keep my attention on the movie. I humm in satisfaction as I take a sip, this is really tasty hot cocoa. Maybe Scarlett can learn Dylan how to make a good one.

"Glad you like it." Scarlett smiles widely. But she speaks at the same time Ash speaks in the movie and my jaw drops. They sound the same. Scarlett abruptly shuts her mouth closed as she looks at me, knowing what I'm thinking.

I turn around in shock to look at Miss Olsen who looks at me with an amused smirk on her face. I look back at Ash and Scarlett before running off the couch to grab my backpack. "Of course you had to scare her." Miss Olsen sighs deeply behind me, making Scarlett chuckle "Sorry?"

I run back to the couch and sit between the two women, sitting a bit closer to Miss Olsen this time. She helps me get under the blanket and doesn't seem to mind that there's only a little bit of space left between us. I take out my pencil case and sketchbook as I continue to watch the movie, drawing in the meantime.

Halfway through the movie Miss Olsen her phone rings. She pauses the movie as she answers the call, stepping away from the living area, leaving me and Scarlett alone.

Scarlett looks at me with a doubtful smile as I hand her my drawing. It's Ash, the animal with the exact same voice as Scarlett. She takes a few glances between me and the drawing before a big smile forms on her lips. "Thank you, Casey, it's beautiful." She smiles genuinely.

I nod as I turn around to see Miss Olsen looking at me with a sad smile. "That was your grandmother on the phone. She's home and really misses you." She tells me carefully.

I nod as I stand up from the couch, bringing my empty glass and chips bowl to the kitchen. I don't see a stool anywhere so I drag a big chair from a table to the counter while Miss Olsen and Scarlett look at me intently.

They both seem to be confused as to what I'm doing until I turn on the water. Miss Olsen runs up to me and turns it off right away, looking at me as if I just turned off the news without a good reason.

I point to my dirty dishes, letting her know I just want to clean them. She looks at Scarlett with wide eyes who walks up to my other side. "Do you want to clean the dishes?" She asks confused, to which I nod.

"That's kind of you, but you don't have to do that. You can leave that to the adults." She smiles weakly. I nod as I place the dishes on the counter and climb off the chair. I notice Miss Olsen reaching out her hands but I shake my head to let her know I can do it myself.

When I'm back on the ground I drag the chair back to the table and walk to the hallway to put on my shoes. "Has Rose ever done the dishes?" Miss Olsen asks in the distance. "God no, she doesn't even acknowledge them." Scarlett answers lowly before they make their way up to me.

"Here let me help you." Miss Olsen says sweetly as she bends down to tie my shoes. I can't tie my shoes yet so I usually tuck the laces under my feet, but this feels way better. "Aren't those a little too big?" Scarlett asks. I wiggle my toes inside the shoes, deciding that I want my laces tied from now on.

I shrug before opening the door, walking outside while the two of them get ready. Miss Olsen walks up to me and makes me wear one of her extra coats while Scarlett locks the door. I smile as we walk back to my home.

Lizzie's Pov
As soon as we're approaching the house, the front door opens, revealing an old lady. She smiles widely as she sees Casey and Casey runs up to her, engulfing her in a hug. "Oh look at you, very stylish." She laughs when she sees the coat Casey is wearing.

Casey smiles as she playfully twirls in front of her grandmother, making me smile at their interaction. Casey pushes past her grandmother, entering the house. "Don't forget to take off your shoes!" Her grandmother shouts after Casey before turning in our direction.

"Come in, come in." She motions for us to follow her. Scar and I exchange a short smile before entering the house, hanging up our coats and taking off our shoes. The first thing I notice is the lack of coats. None is hanging where they should.

"Would you two like something to drink?" The old lady asks us sweetly. I'm about to decline, but it seems like Scarlett has other plans. "We'd both like some tea if that's not too much trouble." She smiles, making the lady smile as well.

"Not at all." She says before making her way to the kitchen, which is practically next to the couch. Casey runs up to us, sitting next to me with her drawing supplies. She draws the couch first, then herself, me, Scarlett and a porcupine next to her while her grandmother catches us up on the situation.

Apparently, she had forgotten to put the keys under the doormat and she's very thankful that we took care of her favourite grandchild. She also mentions that she's getting a bit older and is starting to forget a bit more.

I wonder if she's the only one taking care of Casey. It's a small house which doesn't contain much, so I assume it's just the two of them who live here. Casey proudly hands over her drawing to her grandmother, who puts on her glasses.

"Is that... A porcupine?" Her grandmother laughs confused, Casey simply shrugs. "We were watching a movie with an animated porcupine in it." Scarlett explains, making Casey her grandmother nod in understanding.

She silently asks for a pencil, which Casey gives without hesitation. When she puts down the notebook her grandmother writes 'porcupine' under the animal, resulting in both Scarlett and I looking confused at each other.

"Casey is incredibly gifted and smart, but she's struggling a lot with words. So I try to write down as much as possible for her." The woman elaborates as she hands back the sketchbook and pencil to Casey.

But before she can put it away, Scarlett asks for them. Casey hands it over with a bit of hesitation but does it anyway. I watch as Scarlett writes all of our names under the drawing. "Casey, Lizzie, Scarlett."

Casey smiles widely as Scarlett hands her stuff back. I watch as Casey flips over the page, starting a new drawing. At this rate, she'll need a new sketchbook at the end of this month.