15.

Casey's POV
"Next storeeee." Rose cheers as we walk out of the previous one. I got one of the prettiest coats I've ever seen.

Green.

It's warm and it has pockets. A lot of pockets. And none of them has holes in them!

I wanted to wear my coat right away but Lizzie insisted that it wasn't necessary since we're inside a mall. She and Scarlett are wearing a coat so she is being a hypocrite.

That's a new word I learned from Rose. Apparently, her mother is a big hypocrite because Rose wasn't allowed to snack once and she later discovered Scarlett had secretly eaten her cookie.

The hypocrite joins Lizzie by her side as Rose and I walk up front. I've never been to a mall and it's a bit overwhelming. There are a lot of stores and even more people.

Rose seems to notice I'm a bit anxious since she takes my hand and squeezes it firmly, looking up to reassure me.

"No way. Kids, come here." The hypocrite mumbles as she stands in front of a store with wide eyes. We all stand next to her, Lizzie laughing as Rose cheers.

"Mommy mommy we need to get that for Casey!" Rose shouts before running inside the store. "Scarlett I don't think-" Lizzie starts, but Scarlett waves it away, following her daughter.

Lizzie walks up to me and picks me up. I lean into her as we approach the two. They're holding a grey shirt in their hand with big smiles. Without even asking me or Lizzie, Scarlett walks to the checkout and pays for it.

She hands it to Lizzie who takes me and the shirt to a dressing room. Once she puts the shirt on me, she laughs uncontrollably. "This is amazing." She mumbles before taking a picture.

We both walk out of the changing room, being met by a squeaking Rose. She jumps up and down before pointing at my shirt. "Okay I'm going to ask you a question and you'll respond by pointing at your shirt." She states before furrowing her eyebrows.

I look down at my shirt. It is way too big since it's an adult size, but it is very comfortable. If I read correctly it has the text "Am I drunk?" on it. With two checkboxes, yes and no.

"Why is green your favourite colour?" She asks me intently, making both Scarlett and I giggle. "Rose honey, there's only yes and no on the T-shirt." Scarlett explains, resulting in a pouting Rose. Scarlet walks up to the counter and borrows a marker, starting to write on my shirt.

What - Why -When - Where - Who - How

"You can ask her a different question Rose, she has more options now." Scarlett smiles warmly at me. It takes Rose forever to come up with a question. "Come on Rose." Scarlett chuckles. Rose looks frustrated at her "Don't rush me, mama." She answers.

I tilt my head with a sly smirk and point at my shirt. Why.

Rose smiles widely before answering "I call her mommy because she takes care of me and makes me feel safe. No matter what happens, I know she'll be there for me." Rose answers casually.

I think about her answer, even though that is not what I meant. This system is definitely not foolproof. "I don't think that is what she meant." Lizzie chuckles. I nod in agreement, glad she picked up on it.

"You shouldn't rush Rose because she is easily distracted and if you ask too many things at once she won't answer any of your questions." Scarlett explains, making me smile.

"Okay next store!" Rose cheers as she claps her hands. I look down at my shirt with a wide smile before pointing. Where.

Rose takes my hand and drags me along to a clothing store not much further. She and Scarlett go their separate ways, leaving me and Lizzie alone.