10.

Lizzie's Pov
I wake up to a few muffled noises downstairs. I silently unplug the lamp on my nightstand and take it with me while carefully going down the stairs.

My heart starts to beat out of my chest, almost drowning out the noises coming from the kitchen. Without even considering something else than a robber, I burst through the kitchen door, throwing the lamp at the 'robber'.

My eyes widen the moment after the lamp disappears from my hands, realising it's not a robber. The lamp hits the chair Casey is standing on, gaining her attention. She struggles to keep her balance, but I run up to her and catch her just in time.

Thank God my aim is terrible.

"Sorry, I thought you were-" I start to freak out,  but that stops when I see the amused smile on her face. I chuckle as I carefully put her down. "Never mind. Good morning." I grin, making her laugh.

I look at the kitchen counter, seeing two plates with each a sandwich on them. "Did you make this?" I ask her surprised at the fact that she not only made herself a sandwich but made one for me too. Or she's very hungry.

She nods proudly, taking the two plates into her tiny hands before carrying them to the living area, setting them down on the dining table. I sit opposite of her, looking intently as she starts to devour the sandwich.

I take a bite, realising it's a peanut butter sandwich. The peanut butter is divided pretty unevenly, making me chuckle until I have a bite which is more peanut butter than bread.

This tastes terrible.

She looks confused at me as she finishes her breakfast. Is it even breakfast? I look at the clock to see the time, 4 am. "Why are you up so early?" I ask her curiously, earning me a shrug.

"Well we should get back to bed, it's too early to be awake." I chuckle making her nod slowly before we both stand up. I make my way out of the kitchen, but walk back when I see that Casey isn't following me. She's picking up the plates.

"We can do that later, let's go to bed." I mumble tiredly. I pick her up and carry her to the guest bedroom where she is staying for the next few days. She lays her head on my shoulder and holds me closer.

I manage to put her in bed and tuck her in. I'm about to leave but she won't let go of my hand. "Do you want me to stay with you?" I ask her, she shakes her head no before letting go.

"Are you sure?" I mumble, which she nods slowly to. She seems a bit hesitant but I decide to let it go. I walk to the door, looking back at her. "I know it's a bit scary, but please try to get some sleep. If you need anything, my room is across the door." I smile weakly before closing the door behind me.

I'm almost instantly asleep once my head hits the pillow.

Casey's Pov
I watch as Lizzie closes the door behind her. After waiting for a few moments I get out of bed, carefully going down the stairs. I clean up our plates, pour myself some water and make my way to the sofa.

I put on a movie called 'The Big Friendly Giant' and lay down under a blanket, enjoying the movie while sipping my drink.

Scarlett's Pov
"But Mom, I don't want to go there." Rose pouts as she crosses her arms. I look at her through the rearview mirror, holding back a slight giggle when I see her demeanour.

"I know sweetheart, but auntie Lizzie will be there and maybe you can play with Casey." I try to cheer her up, but it doesn't work.

"I don't even know Casey." She sighs, not understanding why we need to go to a small town when we were planning on going to Europe.