6.

Caseys Pov
I'm enjoying the movie a lot. I'm not sure why I didn't have to go to school today, but I don't mind it. I like hanging out with Lizzie and I think she likes to hang out with me too. Most people just ignore me and stop talking to me because I don't talk back, but Lizzie doesn't.

She asks me simple questions and makes a lot of jokes, even though I don't think she means to be so funny. When the movie ends I stand up to reach into my backpack, taking out my drawing supplies.

I draw something that has been stuck in my mind since we started the movie. It's the hot chocolate cup with some steam coming from it. Once I'm finished I show it to Lizzie who smiles at me. She silently asks for my pencil which I hand to her.

"Hot." She states as she hands it back to me, having written the word "Hot." under it. I turn to the next page to draw a snowman while Lizzie stands up to clean our dishes. The snowman is finished when she comes back so I show it to her.

She smiles as she asks for the pencil again. "Snowman." She states as she's about to write it down, but I shake my head. She stops her movements and looks up at me with confusion, until a wide smirk form on her lips. "Cold?"

I nod, making her smile wider as she writes it down. Instead of handing my book back she places it on the coffee table and crosses her arms, shivering while making a weird sound 'brrr'. I soon realise she's cold, so I jump up and give her the blanket she gave me earlier.

She smiles as she shakes her head, telling me she's not actually cold but wanted to show me what it looks like. So I mimmick her movements, hugging myself while making the weird sound. Cold.

She nods proudly as she purses her lips in thought. I grab my sketchbook and look at my drawings, ending up on Meena, my favorite character from Sing. I show it to Lizzie who grins as she pinches her own nose with one hand, sticking the other in front of her while she walks around.

I soon realise she's imitating Meena. I run to the couch, picking up my stuffed animal to show it to her. Elephant.

Lizzie's Pov
I'm not sure how this started, but I'm glad that it did. Casey and I have been laughing non stop as we're portraying her drawings, the other needing to guess what it is. She's been right every time and I'm completely amazed.

Even though I already suspected it, this proves that Miss Brook was wrong. Casey is very able to distinct different animals and I can't imagine her ruining the fun for other kids at the zoo.

Casey looks confused at me as my smile drops, thinking about the things Miss Brook has said about her these past weeks. I wonder if she ever feels lonely, since she has no friends at school. If only the kids would give her a chance... They'd see how wonderful she is.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as Casey pulls my sleeves. I turn to look at her, forcing a fake smile. She looks up at me with a questionable look and a part of me feels that she can see right through my facade.

But I ignore that feeling and proceed to lie, feeling bad the second it leaves my mouth. "I'm okay, just a bit tired." She nods slowly, obviously not believing me. Even if she's acidamally behind, she seems to have a better understanding of people than most adults do.

It's not fair that she's stuck with me while her classmates are visiting the zoo. She knows more animals than they do she deserves to-

A smile forms on my lips as a thought pops to mind. "Casey why don't you go draw for a bit? I'll be right back." I tell her as I make my way to the kitchen, dialing her grandmothers number.

It takes forever before she picks up. I'm about to end the call when I hear her voice from the otherside. "Lizzie my dear." She greets me enthusiatically.