35.

Casey's POV
When the movie ends Scarlett moves her whole body to face me. "Did you like it?" She asks genuinely curious.

I nod my head rapidly since I liked it very very much. She smiles widely, pursing her lips. "Great I'll be right back. I gotta make a quick phone call and get some more snacks and then we can watch part two."

I jump up in excitement, knowing our time here isn't over just yet. She gives me a quick kiss on the top of my head before doing what she said she would.

I run laps around our private cinema while I'm alone here, running up and down the chairs. I don't think I've ever been alone in such a huge room before.

A few minutes later Scarlett walks back in with an even bigger smile on her face. I stop dead in my tracks and look at her curiously. She walks up to me, picks me up, and sets me back on the chair I sat in earlier.

Someone brings in another round of snacks and then the next movie starts. I get all excited when the Marvel logo appears again, this time even cooler than the previous movie.

I watch the superheroes fight a bunch of bad guys, especially focusing on Auntie Scar. I already met Shield-man, tin-man and hammer-man. I can't wait to meet arrow-man and hulk.

I watch how Uncle Robert (he insisted on me calling him that) approaches a very cool weapon, but someone sneaks behind him and uses weird magic.

I slap Auntie's arm a bit too hard, making her chuckle. How dare that mean woman do that to my only uncle!

Scarlett covers my eyes immediately, making me confused. That confusion however doesn't last long since she whispers in my ear. "Scary." I nod, placing my hands on hers to keep them in front of my eyes.

I'm not sure why she's whispering, since there's nobody else but us.

Lizzie's POV
A staff member is already waiting for me at the entrance when I reach the cinema. Scarlett called me earlier to ask me to join them during the movie, which resulted in an argument between the two of us.

She told me how much Casey was enjoying their time together and I didn't want to disrupt that, but Scarlett insisted. So here I am, nervously bouncing on my feet while standing in front of the door.

After taking a deep breath I open the door, just in time to see Wanda doing her magic on Tony in the opening scene. I see Scarlett and Casey sitting in the middle of Cinema, both of them with wide smiles on their faces while Scarlett is covering her eyes.

Scarlett sees me and motions for me to walk up to them. I move to sit next to her, but she pushes me down to sit next to Casey, both of us sitting on either side of her.

The scary part ends right when I sit down, so Scarlett takes her hand away, revealing Casey who is sitting with her eyes shut closed.

Scarlett giggles before telling her it's okay to look. Casey peaks first before opening them fully, just in time to clearly see Wanda on screen.

Casey gasped loudly as she points at the screen. "Is that Lizzie?" She asks surprised at Scarlett. I try to ignore the feeling that occurs when I realise she isn't calling me mom anymore, but to be honest I'm just happy to be acknowledged.

Scarlett smiles briefly at me before looking back at Casey who still hasn't noticed me. "Yeah your mom is this really cool anti-hero." Scar says sweetly.

Casey looks back at the screen, clearly thinking. "Is an anti-hero the bad guy?" She questions. Scar rapidly shakes her head. "No she is a hero, but not like Natasha or Steve. She is good in a different way." She explains, both of us looking intently at Casey to spot something of a reaction.

Casey nods slowly, humming in thought. "Who is that?" She questions curiously as she points to Wanda and Pietro.

It however says silent from Scarlett's side. I look over at her to see her already looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

Right, here goes nothing.

"That's Pietro, her brother." I say softly, not wanting to spook Casey. Casey turns to look at me with wide eyes which slightly relax when she realizes it's me. She looks at me for a few seconds before turning back to the screen.

She sits back in her chair even more, making a few comments during the movie which were absolutely hilarious. She jumps up in her seat when Ultron appears. "He's the bad guy!" She squeaks excitedly.

"He is." Scarlett confirms making Casey sit back in her chair, looking proud and content. She briefly looks over at me before looking back at the screen. "I knew you weren't the bad guy." She mumbles softly.

• • •

Alright Ladies, I'm going to use the restroom, Casey do you need to go?" Scarlett asks as she stands up. Casey shakes her head.

"I'll go with you." I state, standing up from my seat but Scarlett pushes me down. I look at her questionably but she simply glares between me and Casey before walking away with a smile.

Casey sits in her chair, swinging her legs while fidgeting with her fingers. I'm not sure what to do or say to make this any less uncomfortable for her, so I just go with the good old classic.

"So? How are you liking the movie so far?" I ask her softly. She freezes completely before slowly starting to swing her legs again.

"Why are you helping the bad guy?" She questions curiously.

"Well Wanda is helping Ultron because she believes it is the right thing to do." I state cautiously.

"Is she right? Is it the right thing to do? Are the avengers the bad guys?" She questions, looking like she's having an external crisis.

Note to self: Make sure to scold Scarlett for taking a 7-year-old to a PG-13-rated movie.

"There's not really one way to answer that. What's right for her isn't necessarily right for others as well." I try to explain as simply as possible.

She seems to think about it before turning her whole body to face me. "I thought I was right for walking away. Was I the bad guy?" She inquires with a trembling lip, her eyes starting to gloss over.

My heart breaks hearing that she is currently blaming herself. She often acts so maturely that I sometimes forget how young she actually is. I shouldn't have answered her question like I did.

I wipe away her tears with my sleeves, shaking my head. "No sweetie, it wasn't your fault. I should have paid more attention to you." I state softly.

She shakes her head, making me confused. "You weren't the bad guy either." She mumbles right before the door opens. We both turn to look at Scarlett who is walking up the stairs with a tray full of snacks in her hands.

Casey rapidly stands up, sitting down where Scarlett sat earlier. Scar looks worried at me when she sees this, but I assure her it's alright and take the tray of food so she can sit down between the two of us.

The movie starts to play again and I sit back into my seat, somehow feeling content. It is definitely not like how it was before, but I feel like we just made a lot of process.

It also made me realise that she is still a kid, even though she doesn't act like it. And I'm her guardian, I need to be the one taking care of her and to be the responsible one.

If being distant from me makes her happy, then so be it. But first I need to figure out if that's actually what she wants.