4

After shooting the last F

After shooting the last F.B.I agent standing I ran towards the police jeep. I opened the door and looked at Nova.

I removed the black bag from her head and she looked at me before blinking a couple times as her eyes adjusted to the light of our surrounding.

"What took you so fucking long?" she asked as I removed a hair pin from her hair.

"I'm here now aren't I," I said before removing the cuffs from each of her wrists.

They were smart enough not to cuff her wrists together in the same place.

She would have escaped in a minute, if they didn't cuff her wrists separate from each other.

"I'm sorry okay," I said and she nod.

"My ankles too," she said and I bend down.

"Take it easy big guy, I sprained my ankle," she said and I tried removing the chains a bit more gentle.

After getting the chains off her ankles, River came to my side and Nova looked at him.

"You good?" he asked and she gave him a small nod.

"Come I'll carry you," he said before lifting her up bridal style.

He brought her to the car and I went the driver's seat. I closed my door and River got in the passengers seat.

•°•

"Where are your guards?" I asked

"Dead," she answered while looking at her fingers.

I looked away from the mirror and back on the road.

"What happened?"

"We were ambushed. It all happened so fast that I couldn't stop it. I couldn't kill a hundred FBI agents without not getting myself killed. My guards were able to buy me sometime after we came to the fact that we couldn't fight off so many of them. These men were trained to kill high skilled mob members such as are ourselves Nick," she said and I tapped on the steering wheel.

"Why didn't you call Nico or mom and dad-"

"I only had time to call you and I didn't want to worry them. Knowing mom's condition you know we always try not to make her panic or shit," she said

"Why didn't you tell me you were getting on a plane Nova. I told you how hot things are with the feds here,"

"I didn't think it was that serious. And I didn't know they were targeting us," she said

"That's not the point Nova. The point is you could have gotten killed Nova," River said

"I'm sorry," she said and I let out a groan.

"Fuck," I said before hitting the steering wheel.

"Nixon calm down," she said and my hands tightened on the steering wheel.