34

The door of the room opened and Millie walked in

The door of the room opened and Millie walked in. Her bump was now showing as she was in a much more tight fitting clothing.

"Hey-"

"Fuck off Millie," I said and she walked towards me.

"I'm sorry about-"

"What is wrong with you and your brother and the apologies. Like do you even know why you're apologizing?" I asked and she looked at the ground.

"May if you could remember-"

"Remember?" I laughed

"No Millie, I can remember much of anything because my memories were wiped. And would you guess whose fault is that?" I asked

"I didn't know-"

"Then why do I have a feeling you knew. I mean you all knew the guy who created the drug right. You must have known," I said as her eyes failed to met my eyes.

"Shit, you knew..." I said

"And yet you're the one who was angry at me when you-"

"I didn't have a choice Kat. You don't know how it feels to be controlled and manipulated by someone who was always there for you when your parents abandoned you and your brother,"

"That doesn't make anything better, it doesn't justify your actions when you knew it was wrong. Yes that's fucked up but don't make it an excuse for what you did. We were best friends Millie, and from what I can remember my dad treated you like his own. And let's not forget that, that asshole left you and Miles after my mom died and MY...dad was the one who took you two in. And what was his reward, a gruesome death by his friend who was weirdly obsessed with his wife...."

"A funeral that no one attended because he's was slashed as bad cop and that he had chosen suicide over his own children. Alex and I were sent to an orphanage and I didn't stop there. We joined a force who covered up our father's death and lied about his murder..."

"But we saved you that night,"

"You know what, thank you Millie but fuck you for lying to our faces and wiping my memories for you dick head of an uncle," I said

I looked at her tummy and before letting out a sigh.

"I'm sorry but what kind of future do you see for this kid you're carrying? Is it even Alex's,"

"I don't know yet and yes he's the father," she answered and I nod.

"So what do you think is going to happen when finds out about all of this. And that you knew and kept it from him?"

She didn't respond and I let out a sigh.

"Well aren't we all fucked in this world," I mumbled and she lifted up her dress. I raised a brow as she pulled a knife from her holster.