21

“So I was doing some research and I found the drug that was used on her

“So I was doing some research and I found the drug that was used on her. Well I think it is," Hugo said and Nixon took his iPad.

“What is this exactly?” Nixon ask.

“The dark web,” Hugo answered.

“Do you think we can find out the face behind the product?" Nixon asked after looking at me.

“I’m not a tech guy or hacker but I ran it through Logan and he's willing to do some work,”

“Good, tell him a need an update fast,”

“Sure,”

“Thanks doc," Nixon said and I got up from the bed.

“You should sit back down-”

“I’m okay Nixon,”

“What if you faint again?” he said while rushing towards me.

“I won't, I'm fine,” I said as he looks down at me. He held my arm to give my body support as we walked towards Hugo.

He was still holding an icepack to the side of his head as he sat down in his seat.

“Again, I’m sorry I did that,” I said and he smiled.

“I got a raise and an early vocation trip so there's no need,” he said and I gave him a small smile.

A sharp pain rushed across my temple and my hand went up to massage the area.

“Agh,”

“I’m guessing your head still hurts?” he said

“Yeah,”

“I got some meds that I think should help with the pain,” Hugo said and I nod slowly.

•°•°•

“Why are you doing this?” I asked Nixon.

He placed the glass of water down on the night stand and sat down in the chair that was foot steps away from the bed.

“I don't know,” he answered and I looked at my fingers.

“If I remember correctly, we met a few weeks ago and I feel like your the only person I can trust and depend on. It's weird when you think about it but I'm also confused,” I said before looking back at him.

“Confused?” he asked and I nod.

“Why you?” I asked

He was about to talk when his phone's ringtone disrupted him. He answered the phone while standing.

He made his way to the balcony as I picked up the glass of water. I took a sip before placing the glass down.

Soon Nixon got off the phone and walked back towards me.