6

"You know when I got your invitation I didn't think I would have to share you for the night," Casey said

"It wasn't planned," I said and she placed her hand on my thigh.

"Why don't we go upstairs and you can make it up to me," she said and I smirked.

I looked away and my eyes went to Hazel. She was looking at Casey and I as we spoke. She made eye contact with me before looking away. She started playing with his fingers and I sat up in my seat.

She was sitting across from our table.

Is she uncomfortable because of the crowd

Or is it her outfit that's bothering her.

I wish I could read her more.

"Hey handsome, I'm talking to you," Casey said while snapping her fingers to regain my attention.

"I can give a thousand reasons why we can't do that," I said while getting back to our conversation.

"Is one of them her?" she asked with a smirk.

"Her?" I asked while raising a brow.

"That woman over there, the one you came with," she said before looking at Hazel.

"No," I said without looking at Hazel.

Casey nods and I picked up my drink. I took a sip from my glass and she brushed her loose strands behind her ears.

"One of them is respecting my little sister's birthday ball," I said

"I almost forgot how you always put your siblings first," she said

"I don't see it another way plus I am the oldest,"

"By what 10 minutes?" she smiled.

"It counts okay," I said and she laughed.

I smiled at her and she removed her hand from my thigh.

"You're an awesome guy Nixon Alexander DeLuca," she said.

I looked up as Lola walked over to us.

"You know when I said, bring a date. I didn't mean you should pick up something out of the trashcan-"

"Lola behave," I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I still can't understand why you hate me Lola-" Casey started

"Shh. Don't talk to me," Lola said and I sighed.

Ever since they met, Lola has always disliked Casey. For what reason? I don't know.

"I'm going to get a drink," Casey said before leaving.

"Bring a date and you bring the girl you used to fuck in college," Lola said and I pressed my tongue against my cheek.