45

"What?"

"What?"

"Mama come on don't act dumb and I'm not crazy for noticing either. I've noticed it all day but I haven't said anything even though it had been bothering me," he said and I stared at him blankly.

"I....I um..."

I closed my mouth when no words came out.

I didn't know what to say.

He looked away and before I could say anything he got out of bed.

"Nixon,"

"I think I need some fresh air," he said while walking to the balcony doors.

He slipped through the glass doors and closed them after reaching out to the balcony.

I watched him run his hand through his hair in frustration and I removed the sheets from my legs.

I got out of bed and walked to the balcony doors. I looked at Luna before opening the doors. Since, I would still able to see her I exited the room.

"Get back inside Catalaynia," he said and I closed the door behind me.

"Nixon-"

He turned around and I looked into his dark eyes.

"It's freezing out here," I said while hugging my body.

"Exactly why you should get back inside," he said and I ignored his words.

"I-"

"Do you love me?" he asked as hope swirl around in his dark eyes.

"Don't do that please-"

"Fucking hell Hazel just answer me," he said as frustration and sadness was the only thing coming off him.

"Can we get back inside where it's warmer," I suggested as I rub my arms.

"Do you love me?" He asks as his eyes searched mine.

I looked away and he grabbed my chin. I looked back at him and he spoke once more.

"Do you love me?"

"Nixon-"

"Hazel! Do you love me or not!?"

"I don't know anymore!" I said matching his tone and a tear ran down his cheek after a couple seconds.

Oh my god

What did I just say

My hand went up to cover my mouth as I stared at him with wide eyes.

Fuck!

He released my face and I closed my eyes before reopening them. I removed my hand from my mouth as he stepped away.

"I didn't mean that," I said while shaking my head.

He looked away from eyes and I started playing with my fingers. My heart raced inside my chest and an unknown feeling swarmed in my insides.