Phantoms Of The Past (Spooktober Special Part 2)

A ship enters the atmosphere of the cold, darkish planet and finds a landing spot on the ridge of a misty cliff.

A ramp extends out and touches the surface as a young looking man named Y/N and his companion - Clarix are in sight.

As soon as Y/N's feet touch the misty surface, he immediately remembers the last time he was on this Darkness infested planet, where he faced his Nightmares through pain and strength, overcoming them eventually.

"I've got Kara's signal, but it's faint" Clarix chirps at the daydreaming Y/N, which snapped him back to reality as he pulled out his Hand Cannon.

"good, point me in the direction where she is... We don't to linger here for too long" he said with slight worry in his voice, he knew something was here on Opptia, The Planet of Darkness.

He once spoke to the entity that controlled the monstrosities that lived on this planet and feared that they might know of his presence, even Kara's presence.

"like I said before... If the cure didn't work on her, you'll have to-"

"I know Clarix" he interrupted his sentiant companion, guilt and sadness in his voice, a Kryptonite hidden blade slid out of his wrist. One stab would be enough to kill a Kryptonian.

He closed his eyes as the blade slid back out of sight and reopened them as Clarix pinpointed Kara's coordinates.

"let's go find her" he said with a low voice, walking through the misty atmosphere in front of him before vanishing in the fog.

*

*cold, scared breathing*

The Kryptonian had her knees to her face, sitting on the cold ground after escaping the Tormentor's wrath, sent out to hunt her down.

She heard whispers... Whispers of the past... Of her mother's voice and her father's.

But instead of hearing the words of what her mother spoke, she heard disheartened words, words being twisted and turnt, fueling her guilt, her regrets, her pain of losing not just Krypton but Argo and Kandor city.

A redish ghostly figure floated in front of her, looking down at her with disgust.

"seriously? You're scared? Scared of the dark? Here I thought you weren't afraid of the dark?" the ghostly figure spoke with an echoed voice from her past, it wore the same face, had the same voice, the same type of clothing before it died.

It was her childhood best friend on Krypton who was killed a long time ago.

"L-leave. Me... ALONE!!" she shot up and shot out her heat vision which went right through the ghostly phantom from her past as Kara screamed out in anger and fear.

"ow" the phantom jokingly pretended it was hurt after a few seconds, "you're awfully bitter" it joked, pissing off the already upset Kara.

No matter where she fled, the phantom would still follow, and appear beside, behind or in front of her, even when she was escaping from the Tormentors.

"go away!! You're not her! You're not Rose!" she screamed at the phantom, tears running down her face.

"oh but I am Rose-Val-Ar, I am your past, a past YOU ran away from... We could've survived together! But no... You're parents just had to-"

"say one more thing about my parents and I'll.... I'll-" she stopped herself as she broke down on her knees as the phantom circled around her, tormenting her even more.