You Saved Me From Myself

Warnings: Fluffy/Wholesome and Angst (Also a cheeky smut)

18+

*

Being someone who is practically and almost immortal with a gift of power comes with many advantages... But what it doesn't prepare you for... Is the heartbreaks.

Watching all of your loved ones die and pass away while you stand there like like you haven't aged at all.

This does as such for an Ancient Warrior named Elementor aka Y/N L/N... Well just Y/N now as it is.

Gifted a power from an Ancient God, a Gardener of sorts, resurrecting him from the dead with little memory of his last death or how he even died.

He's fought many battles, lived through Humanity's greatest wars and over the years, he's changed.

But... Like all times, heartbreak is destined to change someone completely, scarring them for life.

Y/N went through so many heartbreaks, scarring him, changing him into the person he is now, who has no time to muck around, and gets the job done without question or ease.

But deep inside? He hated himself, he hated his purpose, he doubted himself and pushed so many potential friends and many who liked him away, to save himself of that heartbreak.

He wasn't as chatty as he was centuries ago, he barely talked and when he would, everyone would shut up and just listen to what he had to say.

For a time... He was angry at himself, angry at whoever gave him this godlike power, angry at the curse that was brought upon him to watch his loved ones wither away while he couldn't.

He still is angry, angry at the curse brought on him, only to just protect Earth and the Universe for that matter, a purpose which was slowly turning him insane.

The world he lives in now? Is a world filled with Heroes, Heroes that are Human, Meta-Human and Aliens.

Many teams of heroes had these protectors, such as the Justice Society of America (JSA), the Justice League of America (JLA), the Outsiders, The Teen Titans and last but not least... The Doom Patrol.

He's met many of the heroes, the only one he respects the most is of course Batman, someone as serious as him, gets the job done without question and plans ahead accordingly.

But even everyone has their least favourites, and it's mostly a lot of the Heroes, the chattier but not too serious types, he would often butt-heads with many... But there was one particular Hero who he butted heads with more than he could count, one who he didn't really get along with on good terms who recently joined the newly re-formed Outsiders, led by Nightwing aka Dick Grayson and Artemis the Amazonian Warrior.

The cousin of Superman, the Maiden of Might, the Girl of Steel, Supergirl.

"At least show some respect!" The Kryptonian got annoyed with his attitude toward her, though it was for a reason.

"Respect isn't given, it's earned! You could've jeopardized the whole mission, you got cocky, reckless and you could've gotten a member of your squad killed!" Y/N scolded her, his voice was heard by everyone within the HQ.

"I was only trying to help as much as I could, isn't that what we're supposed to do?" she argued back, getting a little more angrier as everyone watched.

"By putting others in danger? Causing collateral damage let alone distracting others in the process? You got cocky, you tried showing off, you tried to impress others, let alone tried impressing me? You didn't impress me girl, you only disappointed me" he said with outmost disappointment once more, turning his back to end the conversation with him walking away.