Chapter 23

Justin's POV :

As soon as I saw her, I gestured her to come inside the car .
Taking a deep sigh, she turned around and walked to the other side , getting on the passenger's seat.

"Emily.. Hi-"

I broke the silence, but even before I could complete my sentence, her arms were around my neck as she pulled me into a tight hug.

I couldn't help but pull her into me some more and before we could even realise, she was sitting on my lap almost strangling me.

We kept sitting in each other's embrace for a while. This was probably the last time I'd ever get to do something like this with her and I really wasn't ready to let this opportunity slide.

My eyes fluttered open as I felt her pulling away, my hands yearning to pull her close but instead I myself straightened up as she moved back to her seat.

"Justin.. Baby I am so sorry for kicking you out yesterday. You don't know how much I wanted you to just hold me after you left"
Emily spoke making my heart almost drop from all the guilt

I had to confess. I had to let her know the truth.
She was apologizing to someone who didn't deserve her. Who cheated on her.

"Emily I -" I started but was immediately cut off

She placed her finger on my lips shutting me up

"Shh justin. Just let me speak this one time. Please. The last 24 hours were probably the most painful hours of my entire life. Knowing that I hurt the man who's the sole reason of my happiness in this world for the last 3 years. I can't lose you Justin. You're the reason I'm alive and you know it too. I-I love you baby and I am sorry"

Her voice cracked as she finished. I could tell she was trying not to cry still her eyes shed a tear of two

I immediately pulled her back to me. Securing her in my arms. Closing my eyes and listening to her soft whispers as she curled up in my lap.

This was the situation I was afraid of.
Emily crying.. And making me vulnerable enough to not know what to do.

I came here with a strict decision, I was gonna cut off all ties with Emily  but Just looking at her in so much pain made my heart ache.

She was right... I knew I was the reason she was alive.

I met her 3 years ago when her parents were getting divorced.

Their case was probably the most common one in the elite society... One of the parent couldn't stay committed, in her case it was her mom.

I was working with her dad for a while but this was my first time meeting his family.

She was merely 19 , looked so broken..fragile almost. She was depressed , almost suicidal.

There was this one time when I had gone to her house for some paperwork but no one was home. The guard let me in and told me to wait.. I was doing just that when I heard some shuffling in the kitchen , I followed the sound and there she was.

But it wasn't a pleasant sight... She was trying not to scream as she tried to slit a large knife through her wrist.

Running up to her and snatching the knife away from her, I fought with her struggles. She was screaming, yelling at me to mind my business and leave her alone untill she was hysterically sobbing in my arms before finally falling asleep.

I knew I couldn't let her go after that . I needed to save her.

That is how it all started.

That is how We started.

Just recalling that incident was enough for fearful shiver to run down my spine.

Unconsciously I pulled her even more close to me, tightening my hold .

"Justin.. "

I felt her whisper and look up at me.

"Yes baby? "

I rasped out as I looked down in her eyes, still moistured up.

"Thank you.. For not leaving"

This one statement and the look of pure love in her eyes were enough for me to make up my mind.

I can not leave.

I can not leave Emily.

She has already been through so much.
I can't snatch away the only thing that makes her happy from her.

She has been the light of my life.

I cannot leave her.

"Babe..I will never leave. I love you too much"

********************************

Well, I really don't have much to say except trust the process.

Everything will fall into place

And I read almost every comment so I do keep your reviews and wants in mind while writing.

Just give it  time.

It's just the beginning

Please vote, comment and share

Thankyou for reading

Ilysm

Bye!